INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with Volume Control using JRiver / JRemote  (Read 3211 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Need help with Volume Control using JRiver / JRemote
« on: April 25, 2013, 04:52:43 pm »

I've been looking all over the place for a solution for the last 4 days and can't find a solution. Also have tried several different setting combinations without success.

In my primary listening room I'm running JR on a CAPSv3 Zuma server. For primary listening I send audio to my DAC & 2 channel amp. For this purpose I am using ASIO to great success in JRiver. JRemote is working nicely too, baring a couple of the bugs in the new release.

But for other areas of my home I will send audio from the CAPS server using JRiver to my OPPO 105 then to my processor for Zone distribution. I've had wasapi-Event Style selected for OUtput mode in this situation. Got all of it working except I want to be able to control the volume from JRemote on my iPhone5. Of course, this will provide for volume adjustment when away from the components. Can't get it to work. After searching these past few days I've come to the conclusion that it is most likely the output mode sending audio directly to the Oppo. I want to achieve the best possible audio output that I can, even for my other zones outside of my listening room. I have no idea though what to do from here to achieve the nest audio and be able to use JRemote to adjust volume levels

Thx for any ideas.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Desperate for help with Volume Control using JRiver / JRemote
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 05:13:11 pm »

I think the Oppo is a DLNA renderer.

The volume in a DLNA zone is done at the DLNA device (not the MC side).  So if it doesn't work, I think it means the DLNA renderer isn't supporting volume properly.

By the way, settings in Options > Audio don't do anything for a DLNA zone.  We hope to make this more clear in the user interface in the future.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jmschnur

• World Citizen
Re: Desperate for help with Volume Control using JRiver / JRemote
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 05:29:38 pm »

Doesn't the oppo app work for you to adjust volume.

soundscience

• Recent member
Re: Need help with Volume Control using JRiver / JRemote
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 03:41:58 pm »

Hi Matt,

My computer is being controlled with JRemote but the volume control doesn't function.

I am using ASIO and Lynx card but Direct out and  choosing primary sound driver doesn't fix the problem.

Any clue how I can get jremote to control the volume level of JRiver?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Need help with Volume Control using JRiver / JRemote
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 03:53:02 pm »

Did you set JRiver to use Internal Volume?

Pages: [1]   Go Up