INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Cover Art  (Read 754 times)

majamke

Problems with Cover Art
« on: May 18, 2013, 02:38:25 am »

I'm continuing to have all sorts of problems with cover art. I initially stored cover art as folder.jpg in each album's folder, but these files would be randomly overwritten. I have since embedded the album art into each track file. MC18 has not however picked up the change, and continues to display low-res cover art from the internet instead of my embedded cover art.

How do I force MC18 to read the embedded cover art? I can't find an appropriate cover art rule to apply.

Any help would be much appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems with Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 04:08:43 pm »

Please read about cover art on the wiki.  MC, in some cases, will use an image file from the same directory as the audio files.

MC will not replace your cover art unless you tell it to.  Please read about WMP and Windows Home Server cover art problems on the Internet or in the "Weird Problems" thread in my signature.

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
Re: Problems with Cover Art
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 07:39:05 pm »

Make sure you have the option set to save cover art in the file's tag.
Tools >> Options >> File Location >> Also store image in the file's tag

And then select the album and do
Tools >> Library Tools >>  Update Tags (from library)
That should get JRiver Media Center to write the cover art to the tag, overwriting the cover art image that is currently in the tag

There is also
Tools >> Library Tools >> Update Library (from tags)
Which updates values in the other direction.  Taking what is in the file tags and updating the values that are in the library.  Useful if you use an external utility to change the cover art tags and need to get those new cover images into the JRiver Media Center library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up