INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Differences between "play here" and "Theater View remote"  (Read 952 times)

Mark81

Differences between "play here" and "Theater View remote"
« on: May 19, 2013, 05:25:55 am »

Hello!

I'm new to JRiver, I'm reading through the wiki and forum threads. There is just one thing I'm missing right now. I installed the Gizmo JRiver application on my Android tablet to connect with the server running on my desktop pc. All works like a charm!

I select the Theater View remote on the Android application and I can navigate through my library on the pc screen and also play the DVD or YouTube channels. Great!
But if I select the "play here" mode I cannot find those items under the "Video" section. This one is the only thing I need to understand before buy the JRiver license.

I'm pretty sure I miss an option somewhere - there are so many settings out there!

Please, might you put me on the right way to enable those features also on the remote application?
Thank you in advance
Mark

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Differences between "play here" and "Theater View remote"
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 06:41:47 am »

Welcome to the forum.  Gizmo on Android can't play everything that MC on Windows can.  It's just a limitation.

Mark81

Re: Differences between "play here" and "Theater View remote"
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 06:49:13 am »

What a pity  :(
I was going to move to JRiver from xmbc or plex just to be able to play DVDs remotely. Now I discover JRiver can't do this neither.
I'm wondering why they decided to leave this limitation. It's a small step away from the definitive media server  :o

By the way, I apologize for my poor English - it's not my primary language.
Pages: [1]   Go Up