INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Troubleshoot: Dump Filter fail when recording TV  (Read 2802 times)

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Troubleshoot: Dump Filter fail when recording TV
« on: May 19, 2013, 09:57:39 am »

Hello,

For the last couple of weeks, I've seen the following error message when I record a TV show that is over 40 minutes long:

"The disk containing dump file has run out of space, so the dump filter has been stopped. You must set a new dump file name or restart graph to clear this filter error."

I run MC 18.0.188 on a dual core laptop, with networked HDHomeRun Dual tuner. I'm not low on disk space, as far as I can tell. Main C:\ is 64gb SSD with 18gb free, and tv is recorded to a 1 TB external drive with 201gb free.

I've checked the Television options a few times to make sure the file recording location is not on the C drive. My hunch is that JRiver creates a temporary file on the C drive during TV recording that is too big for the SSD drive. Is a dump file/dump filter taking place on the main C:\ drive while recording? If so, is 18gb free space sufficient filter space to record 1 hour+ of TV? Can I change the location of this filter file in the settings?

Typing "dump" in the search in options didn't help, haha.

I've attached a screenshot to help.

Thanks as always for any ideas on how to troubleshoot!

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Troubleshoot: Dump Filter fail when recording TV
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 10:01:32 pm »

Bump...

Still getting the error message regarding the dump file running out of space, even after re-installing windows and clearing up 40gb of diskspace on the main C:\ drive.

Any idea what may be going on here?
Pages: [1]   Go Up