INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Delay between sample rate changes  (Read 737 times)

vjbelle

• Junior Woodchuck
Delay between sample rate changes
« on: May 19, 2013, 03:54:33 pm »

Isn't there a way to implement a delay for hardware synchronization when making a sample rate change between tracks?  If I have a playlist that has audio tracks of differing sample rates JRiver assumes that everything is equal but my Dac has to make a sample rate change which means that when JRiver starts to play the next (sampled changed) track my Dac is behind so the track starts out into the song.  Pure Music accounts for this issue by specifically allowing for a delay between sample changes for hardware catch up..... Why can't JRiver (my favorite)?  It must be a simple task...... can this be done??

Victor

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Delay between sample rate changes
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 04:31:37 pm »

Media Center does have an option to "Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization" in the Audio settings.
And there is a similar option to delay video playback when the refresh rate is switched for Video.

It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to extend those options to also delay playback to account for sample rate switching.

I don't know whether it should be integrated with the "play silence at startup" option though - some hardware may take a second when you initially start playback, but switch sample rates seamlessly.
Perhaps someone else could comment on that - my hardware does seem to have the same delay whether it's starting playback, or switching sample rates during playback.

vjbelle

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Delay between sample rate changes
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 05:04:59 pm »

Thank you for supporting this. :)  Should be simple. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up