INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edited Tags are not reliable written to files  (Read 14389 times)

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Edited Tags are not reliable written to files
« on: May 22, 2013, 11:24:00 am »

When i edit my tags with MC Mac the library looks good.

But, after importing the same files with MC for Windows, i have to experience that the tags often have not been written to the files.
After "Update Tags (from library)" is performed on the Mac side, MC for Windows reads all tags correct after a fresh import.

"Update Tags (from library)"  doesn't run the counter in the bottom line, however, and is unresponsive until the process has ended with the message box.

MC Mac 18.0.187, Mac OS 10.7.5.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Edited Tags are not reliable written to files
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2013, 01:39:01 pm »

Did you do the import on Windows shortly after making tag changes on the Mac side?  The tags are not written to the files immediately, but in a background process that may not complete for some time after making the tag changes.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 10:37:16 am »

Still the same problem here.

Tags are not reliably written to the files - some are, others are not.
Only "Update Tags (from library)" ensures that the data is written to the files.

You can wait for hours, but the files don't contain the complete tags if you don't "Update Tags (from library)" .

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 01:23:49 pm »

Are you still seeing this issue?  If so, what file format?  If they're APE files, I did find a bug where tags were not savable at all to that format.  This bug will be fixed in the next build.  However, you said that "update tags from library" always works, whereas with APE files it was never working, so that's probably not the same as your issue.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 10:04:13 am »

Yes, this issue still exists (as most of the others i reported - umlauts still generate strange spaces in pathnames for example).

I use mp3 files when i have this problem.
This is the case when i import the just tagged files with MC (Windows) and iTunes (Mac).
The tags only are written to the files correctly if i do "Update Tags (from library)".

And before you ask me the same standard question: Yes, i use the latest version of MC for Mac and Windows.
Pages: [1]   Go Up