INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Freeze with Zeppelin Air  (Read 2539 times)

Wouter2

Freeze with Zeppelin Air
« on: May 10, 2013, 02:33:02 am »

I have a B&W Zeppelin Air on my network. I have created a zone for it (Output mode: Coreaudio, Output mode settings: Airplay). This works flawlessly.

The problem is that the Zeppelin Air appears a second time on the zone list (I suppose it announces itself through UPnP, even if it only can be used through Airplay). When I click on that zone JRiver always freezes and needs a force quit and restart. It is very easy to select this zone by mistake, so it happens quite frequently. It does not seem to be possible to hide this zone.

Thanks,  Wouter

jriver 18.0.180
mac mini 5.1, OSX 10.8.3
DacMagic (optical); Pioneer N50 (DLNA); Zeppelin Air

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Freeze with Zeppelin Air
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 09:12:48 am »

Welcome to the forum.  You can right click it and remove it.

Wouter2

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 10:29:30 am »

Jim, it is not possible to remove it ('delete' is greyed out). It is not a zone I have created, JRiver detects the Zeppelin Air as a DNLA/UPnP device and adds it automatically.

Apart from this minor problem everything works perfectly on my system, I really appreciate the program and the excellent support.

Wouter

Frans

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 12:35:44 pm »

I am having this exact same issue with the Zeppelin Air. Cannot delete it either.

With the latest builds JRiver only freezes for a few minutes, but doesn't crash when you click on the Zep Air. I vaguely recall that it used to crash. Initially a dialog box pops up, but it takes minutes to see the actual text that states that the device is not working.

I can only use an iPad to play things to the Zeppelin Air, but have not found a way to do play anything directly from JRiver. I have never seen an Airplay setting, nor Core Audio for that matter, but that's perhaps because I am on a PC.

My other option would be to hardwire it to my sound card, but that would defeat the purpose of having a wireless device.
Pages: [1]   Go Up