INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customizing Theater View  (Read 1200 times)

ddaggett1

• Recent member
Customizing Theater View
« on: May 28, 2013, 12:51:20 am »

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I have looked and can't find an answer. There seem to be a few basic layouts for movies being displayed in theater view. When selecting "Name" or "Recent," the movies are all displayed in a long ribbon across the screen, left to right in a single row. When selecting Grid or other views, the movies are displayed in a grid pattern with multiple rows. Some of the grid views show the info panel on the right and some do not. I've been playing around with adding a new item in Theater View, with a custom sort, but I cannot seem to control the basic view that is used, and I want my new view to look like the "Name" view, without the grid pattern for the movie cover art, if possible. Other than that, my new view appears to be working - it is just displayed in the grid pattern, which I cannot seem to change. Does anyone know how to control the basic view format for new Theater View items? Thanks!

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Customizing Theater View
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 02:29:34 am »

I don't think the style is configurable via the Theater View set up, it's only available in Theater View itself. If you select the More item from the menu, there is an option called Toggle List Style. If you choose another style then it will stick.

ddaggett1

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 02:33:13 am »

That did it - thanks, and sorry for the stupid question!

csimon

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 02:41:30 am »

Don't worry, it's not a stupid question, the configuration probably isn't consistent.  I had exactly the same problem too!

icstm

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 07:51:57 am »

Indeed.
Another "feature" I only found the other day was the windows menu button provides additional actions in Theatre View that I do not think you can access another way.
I am not sure the other views of JRiver use the windows menu button for anything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up