INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Options/ideas for TV sound only  (Read 1067 times)

• Recent member
Options/ideas for TV sound only
« on: May 30, 2013, 01:52:56 pm »

I'm not sure if this is the best channel for this question, hopefully the moderator will move it if it isn't.

Q> I'm looking for options to pull the audio only from my xfinity dvr/stb into my computer/server which would then pass the signal on to the DAC and 2 channel audio system. (I understand I could use MC via a TV card to handle the video end as well, but I don't want to lose the interactive features of my box...)

Unfortunately the STB and DAC don't seem capable of talking directly to each other via optical or coax connections, so I'm currently running the analog output of the stb into the 1/8" audio input jack on the motherboard, this works fairly well until MC is started, then MC overrides the motherboard audio and when I want to switch to TV audio again I have to go into the input properties and de-activate/reactivate to restart the TV audio.

Wondering if a sound card like a Blaster Z would accept the stb optical output? (I do have one PCI express slot available) And if it did would I still have problems switching audio back over from MC. Seems like the obvious fix would be to run the stb audio thru MC, I just can't figure out how?

So, with all that said I'm guessing someone has figured this out and might be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for reading

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Options/ideas for TV sound only
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2013, 04:47:55 am »

What is the xfinity - a table top cable box? If so, I think you would need a capture device like the Hauppauge 2250  http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hvr2250.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up