INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDTV DLNA Sound Quality  (Read 2258 times)

Clearzero

WDTV DLNA Sound Quality
« on: June 02, 2013, 03:26:22 pm »

I have been trying to use a WDTV Live for DLNA audio playback.  So far the files are playing fine.  No issues sending them to the device and controlling my MC with an iPad.  The sound quality is a different story.  I have tried both Optical and HDMI streams and have done so on two different receivers.  The SQ is really bad.  If I play the same files direct on the WDTV (my music is stored on a Vortexbox) they sound fine. I assume many things could be causing this but I don't know where to start.  Any ideas to solve the bad SQ are much appreciated.   ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: WDTV DLNA Sound Quality
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 03:32:31 pm »

Welcome to the forum. 

What filetype are you playing? 

Is conversion set?

Clearzero

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 08:38:48 pm »

Hello,

I am rather new to MC but I believe I have it set to no conversion.  SQ is the same on M4A and Flac.

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 09:05:47 am »

Hi,

Please confirm what the DLNA server settings are in JR MC (Tools > Options > Media Network > Add or Configure DLNA Servers... > Audio).  I have the WD TV Live SMP & have it set to Mode: Specified Output Format and Format: PCM L16 No Header.  I haven't noticed any SQ issues (using wired ethernet).

Do you have more than one DLNA Server configured?  If yes you might want to associate the WD TV Live unit with the DLNA Server (Under Playing Now right click on the WD TV Live unit, select Associate with DLNA Server & select the correct server).  This is important if you "push" content to the WD device.  If you don't make the association the 1st DLNA server profile wil be used

cheers,

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up