INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: turn off sample rate conversion  (Read 1323 times)

sporteus

turn off sample rate conversion
« on: June 08, 2013, 06:55:24 am »

I'm hoping this product will be what I want on OSX, I've been searching for months and have been very disappointed with Mac audio products (which really surprised me).  I just downloaded latest beta. 

I have some 192/24 tracks.  Loaded them from my NAS library, no problem.  They play fine.  However, I open Audio Path and its showing they are being down-sampled to 96kHz on playback.  So, I find the DSP Studio, uncheck the Output Format, stop/start play, and the same audio path shows down-sampling.  I tried setting all output formats to max 384kHz, no change.  Tried setting them all to "no change", no effect.  The settings don't seem to be sticky.  There is no apply/OK button on that dialog.  No matter what I set it to, it defaults back converting to 96kHz in DSP Studio.

MacBook Pro (loaded) with latest OSX version.

Bachiano

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: turn off sample rate conversion
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 08:49:17 am »

What are you listening through ? 

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: turn off sample rate conversion
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 08:17:53 pm »

This generally means Media Center tried to play at the original sample rate, but playback failed so it automatically stepped down until it found a sample rate that would play to the device.  What kind of DAC are you using?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up