INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: transfer library/playlists to a new computre  (Read 2814 times)

mm88

• nothing more to say...
transfer library/playlists to a new computre
« on: March 04, 2003, 04:39:22 pm »

i have a new computer...how do i transfer my library and playlists on the media jukebox on my old computer to the media jukebox on my new computer ?

ChicoSelfs

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: transfer library/playlists to a new computre
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2003, 02:31:34 pm »

Are you talking the files himselfs or only the library database? if is the library just go to File > Library > Library Manager > Backup ( choose the folder to backup the library ). and in your new computer make the same way only this time choose Load, that's all
Made in Portugal

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2003, 02:41:25 pm »

You'll need your actual music files to be in the same location on both computers for this to work (ie: d:\music or the same UNC path...\\stevo\d\music if they're on a network).

Then...
1) Install MJ on new machine
2) Copy all the files (not the directories) in your MediaJukebox\Data directory (all the jmd's) to a floppy (they should all fit on a 1.44MB disk) or to a CD.
3) On new machine make sure MJ is closed...now copy the jmd's from the floppy to the MediaJukebox\Data directory (let it overwrite...it's OK)
4) Start MJ...your library has been transferred

10-27

edit: 'selfs way is easier but my way is more fun and is a better way to start an intimate relationship with your new computer.

mm88

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2003, 04:49:56 pm »

Thank you for the assistance

adiebear

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 01:52:19 pm »

edit: 'selfs way is easier but my way is more fun and is a better way to start an intimate relationship with your new computer.

;D That's hilarious! But scary. My Intel NUC is failing so looking to do the same but things may have changed over the years and versions (I'm using 29). I tried backing up and restoring on  a different machine-my Lenovo- a couple of years ago and it was a fail... I may well have cocked up.

Edit: that was quick and painless. Yay!
Lenovo Tiny>Audioquest Jitterbug>Cary Audio DAC100t>Modwright LS100 pre>Hypex Ncore monoblocks>Eminent Technology LFT8B's and Vandersteen 2Wq subs. Cardas/Audiomica cables
Pages: [1]   Go Up