INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.197 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 5500 times)

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe

This is a beta release of Media Center for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180197.dmg

18.0.197 (6/14/2013)

1. Fixed: Options dialog could a crash if volume mode was set to disabled.
2. Fixed: Periodic freeze-ups in the DLNA servers (build 196 only).

18.0.196 (6/13/2013)

1. Fixed: SSDP server would die after a varying period of time.

18.0.195 (6/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Library server syncing was not working from a Windows client to a Mac server.
2. NEW: Added support for OGG input format.
3. Changed: Car Radio automatically cleans up duplicate static playlists that used the same index.
4. Changed: SSDP advertisement could hard kill the advertiser in some cases, leaving sockets and/or the internet layer in an undefined state.
5. Fixed: Small icons could draw too large in a details list in some cases.
6. Changed: Basic HTML text formatting tokens like < b >, < font >, < u >, etc. will be supported in almost all text drawing (previously they only worked in some areas of the program).
7. Changed: Updated Chinese language files (thanks kelijun).
8. Changed: When switching tracks that require a hardware stop / start like on a sample rate change, the startup silence option will be honored (silence will be maximum of between track gap and startup silence gap).
9. Fixed: Temp files created for .wvc files are now renamed to their final name when done when encoding Wavpack.
10. Fixed: Empty temp files are no longer created when encoding lossless Wavpack.  
11. Changed: Wavpack files now display compression information.  
12. Changed: When acting as a DLNA renderer, Media Center will use "error free" mode so that playback errors won't cause message boxes to display (since the controller is normally in a different place).

18.0.194 (6/4/2013)

1. Fixed: Media Center could become unresponsive to mouse clicks following showing of a pop-up error dialog. Mostly a problem on OSX 10.8.
2. Changed: Fullscreen modes are not always-on-top (please report any focus or z-ordering issues).

18.0.193 (5/31/2013)

1. Fixed: Audio playback was not working correctly in build 192.

18.0.192 (5/30/2013)

1. Fixed: Media Center would appear frozen in certain cases where a pop-up dialog was showing underneath the app and MC would be unresponsive.
2. Fixed: FLAC reference code would crash when encoding when an estimated total size was provided to the encoder, the 'verify' option was enabled, and encoding duration exceeded the estimated duration.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
4. Fixed: Stopping or switching tracks during Library Server client playback could lead to a crash.
5. Changed: When overwriting a Car Radio preset, the preset will default to using the same name.

18.0.191 (5/24/2013)

1. Fixed: Webview reload button didn't work and could cause crashes.
2. Fixed: Some local default web pages were missing.
3. Changed: Added more debug logging to try to determine cause of intermittent SSDP failures.

18.0.190 (5/23/2013)

1. Changed: Enhanced WebView to support intercepting link clicks for webradio playback.
2. Fixed: WebView would not get keyboard focus so you couldn't type into web forms.
3. Changed: Added the ability to select the output bitdepth when using Kernel Streaming (Options > Audio > Output mode settings...).
4. Changed: Updated Polish translation (thanks Janusz Grzybek).
5. Changed: Radio buttons will use multiple lines for their text when necessary instead of truncating the text (helps with large font sizes).
6. Changed: Updated the French language translation (thanks rlebrette).
7. Fixed: If a connection to a Library Server was sporadic, it could lead to cases where a link to external cover art could be lost.
8. Fixed: Mono ALAC files were not being parsed or played correctly.
9. Fixed: In some cases, 5.1 input was not working with the FLAC encoder.
10. Fixed: When using 'Gapped' playback mode, the gap would not be honored when switching hardware output formats (normally sample rate).
11. Fixed: The playback position could be incorrect when using a gapped playback mode.
12. Changed: When converting a file with a bitdepth greater than 24, the engine will convert to 24-bit (with dither) to feed the encoder (since few encoders support more than 24-bit files).
13. NEW: DSP Studio can be enabled during audio conversion (Library Tools > Convert Format), allowing resampling, channel mixing, convolution, etc.
14. Fixed: A rare crash when parsing certain MP4 audio files.

18.0.187 (5/17/2013)

1. Fixed: Importing or playing APE format files in OSX 10.6 would crash.
2. NEW:  Internal web browser support.  We still need to implement catching links so we can (for example) make web radio playback easier.
3. Changed: Audio Path will better show when a padded bitdepth (like 24-bit inside a 32-bit container) is in use.
4. Fixed: The phrase "JRSS Subwoofer (x Hz lowpass)" in Output Format configuration could not be translated.
5. Fixed: In some cases, 5.1 input was not working with the FLAC encoder.
6. Fixed: When using 'Gapped' playback mode, the gap would not be honored when switching hardware output formats (normally sample rate).
7. Fixed: The playback position could be incorrect when using a gapped playback mode.

18.0.182 (5/14/2013)

1. Fixed: Tagging in the action window could crash.

18.0.181 (5/10/2013)

1. Fixed: Some m4a and alac files would not import or play because of a mismatched sample count in the mp4 STTS header.  We now ignore this error since it shouldn't impact playback performance.
2. Fixed: Radio streams would 'click' every few seconds because metadata was not getting parsed out of the stream.

18.0.180 (5/8/2013)

1. Fixed: Tooltips were not showing properly in the last few builds.
2. Fixed: Clicking away from an in-place list edit control would not reliably stop the editing.
3. Fixed: DoP bitstreaming of DSD was not working with some devices.
4. Fixed: Hardware with complex buffer arrangement could crash when playing to only some of the channels.
5. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
6. Changed: Updated Polish translation (thanks Janusz Grzybek).
7. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks Johnny B).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
Re: JRiver Media Center for Mac version 18.0.197 Beta -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 01:58:09 am »

Ahhhhhh,
Much better… :thumb

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

Peter_RN

• World Citizen
  • Old Guys Rule... the older I get the better I was.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 03:56:34 am »

Fantastic!

Excellent work.

Peter

ting8663

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 04:29:45 am »

SSDP problem seems to be solved since v.196...excellent work!

Gone4it

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 07:59:45 am »

Fantastic!

Excellent work.

Peter
Two thumbs up for the progress, and thank you Peter, it took me a while to figure, that I had to pull down in bottom, to solve the missing menu reg. earlier mail. As I said I am very unused to Mac, but like this setup more and more, as JRiver comes along. Keep up the good work! ;D

Weedos123

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 11:32:56 am »

Sorry to put a downer on things but SsDP problem still exists for me in v196 & v197.  It just refuses to start after restarting MC. The others work ok but not SsDP. MC plays fine for hours and is happy to be left running minimised all the time. Headless mini OSX 10.8.4
2012 i7 Mac Mini - Media Center for mac |
Debian Wheezy 64 bit - Media Center for linux| Exasound e28 DAC

robiediekatze

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2013, 03:20:39 pm »

for this problem a separate thread is active:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81357.0

czapp

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2013, 04:51:00 pm »

Thanks, new to jriver and this site

maryjos

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 11:10:37 am »

So excited to see JRiver for Mac! It's one of the things I most missed from my PC days.

I'm using it on a dual monitor setup, and so may have some issues to report based on that. When I move it over to the second monitor, I do have some weirdness trying to access the menus. Not sure how likely it is you can fix these, but when I click on the menu options, which appear on the maximized window on the second monitor, the options popup over on the far right of the first monitor, and are a bit of a challenge to select from (if for instance I am trying to change the View) without them disappearing, since as I move left to get to them, I roll over the other menu options and change the choices.

I also am not sure what Cover View is supposed to do, but when I select it, the only way to get out is right clicking on the dock icon and using Quit.

maryjos

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 11:52:54 am »

Not sure if this is a bug or the expected behavior but doesn't seem right

I was in Display View and selected Player - Playing Now - Show Playing Now

The display gets stuck on the current song and doesn't update with new songs.

Also noticed when in this view, a lot of the menu items don't do anything at all if they normally work only in Standard View. Seems like it should switch the view if necessary for the menu option you select.

Peter_RN

• World Citizen
  • Old Guys Rule... the older I get the better I was.
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2013, 12:25:49 pm »

I also am not sure what Cover View is supposed to do, but when I select it, the only way to get out is right clicking on the dock icon and using Quit.

This has been a problem for as far back as I can remember. The window appears to be positioned to high so that the 4 arrowheads which allow switching between views are drawn to high so that they are behind the top bar and inaccessible at this time.

Peter

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2013, 11:46:50 pm »

The 5 second hop and skip is still present, but this time I could restart MC and the 'hop and skip' did not continue (as it has in the past).

IOW the Network Media 'Player' remained functional after the re-start.

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

lobo85

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2013, 05:21:05 pm »

Last  couple of builds have had a issue where the first track that you play when you open MC crash a second or two before the end, the next track does not load either. However when you double click the same track again it plays through to the next track just fine. The problem goes away until you quit MC and restart again.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 11:49:34 pm »

How do I disable the Debug Console that appears in the title of my tab (see attached)?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Onkle

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2013, 08:34:16 am »

Hello,

JRiver for Mac is better and better. Congratulation for the good work.
Here are two little bugs I've noticed :

1 - JRiver doesn't always handle properly special characters, at least in the album's names. For instance "é" often appears as a "e" with a large space following, like "e        ". Same for "ü". ect.

2 - All my albums are stored in the same location but each one of them in a separate folder named after the name of the actual album. Sometime, the sign ";" prevents JRiver to import the concerned album. JRiver then asks to choose a correct path to the folder to import. I had to change ";" for "," to make it work. This issue is quite rare (only some cases out of few hundreds albums/folders). Besides, alphabetic order in the JRiver Album list is not exactly the same as it is in the Finder. JRiver puts ";" after "/" when Finder does the opposite.

Nothing too serious but that is my experience. Sorry for my bad english

JohnT

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 05:45:15 pm »

How do I disable the Debug Console that appears in the title of my tab (see attached)?
This is fixed in today's build (201).

JohnT

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 05:46:00 pm »

Hello,

JRiver for Mac is better and better. Congratulation for the good work.
Here are two little bugs I've noticed :

1 - JRiver doesn't always handle properly special characters, at least in the album's names. For instance "é" often appears as a "e" with a large space following, like "e        ". Same for "ü". ect.

2 - All my albums are stored in the same location but each one of them in a separate folder named after the name of the actual album. Sometime, the sign ";" prevents JRiver to import the concerned album. JRiver then asks to choose a correct path to the folder to import. I had to change ";" for "," to make it work. This issue is quite rare (only some cases out of few hundreds albums/folders). Besides, alphabetic order in the JRiver Album list is not exactly the same as it is in the Finder. JRiver puts ";" after "/" when Finder does the opposite.

Nothing too serious but that is my experience. Sorry for my bad english
I'll take a look at this on Monday, thanks for the report.
Pages: [1]   Go Up