INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I-Pad Video Playback  (Read 3323 times)

c-mac

I-Pad Video Playback
« on: June 16, 2013, 05:34:07 pm »

I am pretty new on this.  Just installed JRiver MC about two weeks ago on home desktop.  Also just purchased My River for my I-Pad.  I got the I-Pad connected fine and can see my whole library, both videos and Music.  Music playback on I-Pad seems fine.  But when I try to play a video, nothing seems to happen.  Movie shows up in Now Playing screen, but I get nothing on the device.  I can play it on my desktop if I change the zone, so I know it is connected fine, just don't understand why it won't play on my I-Pad screen.   I know this is probably pretty basic for most of you guys, but I am in no way a tech guru as I am of the older generation.  Any help would be appreciated.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: I-Pad Video Playback
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 07:21:13 pm »

Welcome.

I don't think you can play video on any of the iPad programs yet.

We've talked to Lespaul about adding support to JRemote, but I don't think he's had time to dig in yet.  We'd also be happy to work with My River to try to get it going (if the author of My River is reading, drop me an email at matt (at) jriver if you'd like to work together on this).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pcstockton

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2013, 09:22:02 pm »

Video works on JRemote.  It is simple restricted to mp4s or whatever it is that iPads can play.

In the meantime, you can load them up on the iPad and use VLC or GoodVideo.

-patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 07:06:19 am »

FYI - I've only an iPhone to test and one combo I found that works with Video and Audio in Sync using DLNA is:
- ACE Player or Good Player
- MPEG2/DVD/PAL stream with MPEG2 Audio

JRiver CEO Elect

pcstockton

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 09:27:56 am »

Air Video is great if you want to stream.  But have fun trying to stream anything remotely HD.

You can transcode to an "ideal" codec/resolution (good but takes a long time) or "on the fly" (quality not so great).

Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

c-mac

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 09:42:34 pm »

Hi everyone and thanks for all the feedback.  Again, a real newbie here, so I guess I just want to make sure I understand.  Are you saying that the My River Ap has no capability to play back videos?  Am I missing the point here as I figured it had pretty much all the same capabilities as JRiver??  I installed AcePlayer, MediaPlayer and AirVideo on the I-Pad as well in the hopes that one of them might solve the problem.  But I can't seem to get any of them to stream movies from my stand alone external hardrive which is a 2TB hardrive from Seagate.  If MyRiver app has no video renderer, is there some way to tie these Aps together so I use the MyRiver platform to select my video, but then have it play to one of these other aps?  Thanks again in advance for any feed back you would be willing to share with this Neophyte.

pcstockton

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 11:05:31 am »

I dont think the MyRiver developer is working on it any more.

Get yourself JRemote.  Works (for now) on MP4s.  Will work soon on other codecs.

rjm

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 10:52:29 am »

Air Video is great if you want to stream.  But have fun trying to stream anything remotely HD.

You can transcode to an "ideal" codec/resolution (good but takes a long time) or "on the fly" (quality not so great).

Patrick

Long time happy customer of Air Video. I just bought their new replacement product Air Video HD. Big new feature is you can download any video for offline playback. Video is converted to ios friendly format while it is downloaded.

Also, streaming of HD is working well for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up