INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 192k issues with Lynx card  (Read 2041 times)

Nyal Mellor

• Recent member
192k issues with Lynx card
« on: October 07, 2013, 01:15:28 pm »

I can't seem to get 192k out of my Lynx card for any channels except L,R and Center. It's very odd. For example the 192k pink noise only plays on JRiver's L,R, Center channels through my Lynx card. Nothing comes out of the surround channels or channels created via JRiver's Parametric EQ (I'm running 12 output channels). Any ideas?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: 192k issues with Lynx card
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 01:22:47 pm »

You might get a clue by watching the Lynx Mixer.  Does the input meter for the channel show activity?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Nyal Mellor

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 02:25:46 pm »

You might get a clue by watching the Lynx Mixer.  Does the input meter for the channel show activity?

Only shows activity for L,R,C, no other channels. It's odd because it works on 48 and 96k....

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 05:01:13 pm »

Only shows activity for L,R,C, no other channels. It's odd because it works on 48 and 96k....

I wouldn't expect anything to change on the MC side as sample rates change, so if it works at some rates and not others I think it points to a driver / hardware issue.

The only obscure thing I can think is if you're using Convolution with filter bank switching based on Sample Rate, you might get different results if you had a strange filter.  This would be easy to test by turning off convolution.

Otherwise it might be a question for Lynx.  They're pretty good about responding on their forum.

Nyal Mellor

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 05:24:08 pm »

I wouldn't expect anything to change on the MC side as sample rates change, so if it works at some rates and not others I think it points to a driver / hardware issue.

The only obscure thing I can think is if you're using Convolution with filter bank switching based on Sample Rate, you might get different results if you had a strange filter.  This would be easy to test by turning off convolution.

Otherwise it might be a question for Lynx.  They're pretty good about responding on their forum.

I'll check in with Lynx. Within JRiver how do you confirm output on a particular channel? For example show that JRiver is sending output to the Lynx on the LS channel for example?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 05:44:08 pm »

I'll check in with Lynx. Within JRiver how do you confirm output on a particular channel? For example show that JRiver is sending output to the Lynx on the LS channel for example?

On the input side, you can use this to play to each channel:
Tools > Advanced Tools > Audio Calibration

On the output side, you can use Analyzer (although it doesn't have a legend, making it a little more cryptic than it should be).
Pages: [1]   Go Up