INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soundflower?  (Read 1496 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Soundflower?
« on: June 23, 2013, 03:14:26 am »

Not sure if this is MC or not, but I now have a device called Soundflower in my Sound outputs list. If it is MC it would be great if after closing the program MC would reset the sound output to the default state. It always messes with the other apps (Skype, Premiere Pro, etc.) and sometimes requires a system restart for me to get sound working in those apps again.

Arindelle

Re: Soundflower?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 03:40:08 am »

You must have tried out an audio app (similar to Audacity?, looks like code for Google API or iphone app??) which used this to run ... the devs describe this as a "system extension for interapplication audio routing". I'd get rid of it or put the process on manual if you are testing stuff .. lots of people are having issues with this btw

Soundflower is a MacOS system extension that allows applications to pass audio to other applications. Soundflower is easy to use, it simply presents itself as an audio device, allowing any audio application to send and receive audio with no other support needed.

Initial support for the development and maintenance of Soundflower was provided by Cycling '74. Recent updates have been made by Tim Place of Cycling '74 and Electrotap.

more info here ==> https://code.google.com/p/soundflower/

cheers

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 05:11:46 am »

Thanks for the info. Yes, I also have the google plugin for doing video hangouts, and have installed audacity too. It must have been one of those.

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 11:32:53 am »

sure no problem ... However I have Audacity (on PC though) and it doesn't load this "Soundflower" stuff, so its probably the other thing you installed.

Fred1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 10:20:11 pm »

Soundflower is Mac only.
Pages: [1]   Go Up