INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lenovo Q190  (Read 1861 times)

danpol

lenovo Q190
« on: June 27, 2013, 01:33:30 pm »

Downloaded Media Center onto my new Lenovo Q190.  Then tried to download HDTracks sampler.  Got a message onscreen saying "no app detected to open these files," and the computer will not allow the download to continue. Called Lenovo tech support and was told this is a software issue (Windows 8), and all they could suggest was converting the files to MP3 so Windows Media Player could process them (I checked, and, sure enough, the only apps available will only handle MP3).  Told them that the reason I bought the computer was to send Hi Res Audio files directly to an outboard processor via SPDIF, and converting to MP3 kinda defeats the purpose of the whole exercise. Any suggestions, other than boxing up the computer and returning it to Lenovo?  Interestingly, it looks like the sound card on the Q190 will process 24/192 files--I wonder where they would come from, since the computer won't let you download them.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: lenovo Q190
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 04:16:25 pm »

Try installing the HDtracks Downloader.  Search here for more information.

jclarkes

• Recent member
Re: lenovo Q190
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 11:33:42 am »

I just noticed this post.  I'm considering purchasing the same device (Lenovo IdeaCentre Q190).  I don't know what HDTracks are - what was the outcome?  Will the device play a .wav file converted by dbPowerAmp Music Converter?

Thanks.

James
Pages: [1]   Go Up