INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Previous Channel button  (Read 836 times)

Betelgeus

• Recent member
Previous Channel button
« on: June 29, 2013, 06:12:12 pm »

Hello,

Is it possible to switch between two TV channels on the fly? In WMC it was the OK button after selecting second channel. Very convenient to avoid commercials in live tv. ;)

Thank's

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Previous Channel button
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 08:26:10 pm »

I'd like the "Back" button to work, too, for the same reason. Flick between what I'm watching and the footy to check the scores every now and then  ;D

Betelgeus

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 09:04:56 pm »

Agree, back button like with WMC would streamline TV usage. My HP Media Center remote has a button that looks like a TV with a play button in the middle. When I press it I get the message "The TV Channel 0 was not found." Thought that might be it but no luck.

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 06:44:25 am »

On my remote I can hit the "+" "-" buttons to change TV channels on the fly - but sometimes it causes the picture to freeze (going from SD to HD and vise-versa). I found that it is the RO+HQ setting (using MadVR) that is causing the issue. I then setup Custom Video Mode to use EVR for TV Viewing. Note that this freezing issue may have been fixed in .201+, I haven't retested. But it takes MC 4 or 5 seconds to start playing a new channel so switching back and forth to skip TV commercials doesn't offer much of an experience except 10 seconds of silence.

EDIT: Sorry I didn't understand/read your question (title) completely, your asking about a "previous channel" button, not switching channels on the fly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up