INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Naim (superuniti/streamer) and JRiver (MAC) user experience exchange  (Read 3873 times)

fritsveer

• Recent member

Hi Naim/JRiver users

This topic to share my experiences with Jriver4Mac in combination with Naim equipment. I notice issues which are not mentioned in other topics, so seem related to the NAIM/JRiver combination.
Set up:
-   Macmini with JRiver (headless)
-   Naim Superuniti connected via LAN to Macmini
-   Using UPNP input on superuniti for music
-   N-stream on ipad as remote + Naim remote control
-   JRemote on ipad as remote for music

Since first alfa: excellent sound quality!! Very happy with JRiver as my UPNP server for music.

N-stream works well with JRiver. It controls the music directly to my superuniti. Also selecting a different source (radio etc) works fine.
Since the 197 built, I can also use JRemote and JRiver on mac to control the music. Older versions of the JRiver would stall the program for 15 seconds after selecting next song making it not usable.

I prefer to use JRemote over the N-stream app as it looks better.

I have one issue, when playing music and when I want to select another input on my Superuniti. This has to be done via n-stream or the Naim remote (JRemote/JRiver don’t have that option). When I do select this other source, JRiver override this selection and brings back the UPNP input. When I select for the second time the wanted input, JRiver crashes. (NB: this only happens when I select “play full album” and am half way the album).

Anyone the same experience and knows a workaround?

Thanks
Frits

magagne

Re: Naim (superuniti/streamer) and JRiver (MAC) user experience exchange
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 04:15:17 pm »

Since the 197 built, I can also use JRemote and JRiver on mac to control the music. Older versions of the JRiver would stall the program for 15 seconds after selecting next song making it not usable.

With the JRiver Mac v.18.0.206, I still have this issue  :'( i.e JRiver stall after selecting next song, etc, not able to adjust volume durring that time, very very painful experience. I really hope they will find the problem. I prefer JRemote instead of using n-stream, it's a more enjoyable experience. But this lagging time turn me off of buying the Desktop JRiver version for Mac. Already paid for JRemote to test it with a demo of JRiver Mac desktop UPnP version, but will wait to see the final version of JRiver desktop version before jump into it. Else, I'll stay with Asset and n-stream  :-\
Setup 1: imac ->AssetUPnP/JRiverUPnP -> n-stream/JRemote -> NAIM UnitiQute 24/192 -> Focal
Setup 2: imac -> itnunes/JriverUPnP -> AppleRemoteIOS/JRemote -> AirportExpress -> MusicalFidelity V-DAC -> NAIM Headline2 -> Senn 650

fritsveer

• Recent member
Re: Naim (superuniti/streamer) and JRiver (MAC) user experience exchange
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 05:58:43 am »

Found a workaround the constant crashing.

- Stop the music either via JRiver itself (not very handy with a headless Mac)
-  stop de music via JRemote, via the track screen (right top and then hit stop button)

Pages: [1]   Go Up