INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Season Art  (Read 1336 times)

cgroth

• World Citizen
Season Art
« on: July 08, 2013, 09:12:18 am »

Hi, I am trying to display some art for my MadMen TV Show. As can be seen here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81792.0 I have not succeeded in download art for this series automatically, so I am trying to do it manually. I have been informed that I cannot manually place art anywhere that will work as backdrop art for the series, but here http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/TV_Shows_-_Series,_Seasons_%26_Episodes it says that at least I should be able to create season art. However, I have not been successful in doing so today (I succeeded a few days ago, but a reinstallatioin of MC18 wiped out the folders, and I haven't been able to recreate successfully),at least for MadMen, so either something about MadMen prevents it from showing art other than Series art (which I manually configured) or I am not doing it correctly. So, some questions:

1. What should the folder be named, "Season", "Seasons", "Season Art", "Seasons Folder" or something else?
2. Where exactly should the folder be placed; in the Cover Art Folder along with the Series Art, or inside the Series Art sub-folder in the Cover Art folder?
3. I have used the following naming of images placed in the folder; "MadMen Season 1", "MadMen Season 2" etc. Is this correct? Are the names case sensitive? Should I drop spaces between "season" and the season number?

Best
Chris

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Season Art
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 09:52:30 am »

Here is the link to how to add Season Art. See the last posting.
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81224.0

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 10:14:32 am »

Thanks CountryBumpkin,

Problem is, the text says to create a folder called Seasons, but the image shows a folder called Season. I have tried both, but can get neither to work... :-(

Chris

csimon

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 12:21:32 pm »

I imagine that the folder should be called Seasons. The "Season" you are seeing in the image is not the folder name but file tag.

You might have to right-click on all the seasons files and choose Cover Art/Rebuild Thumbnail once you've got the cover art stored in the directory.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2013, 04:06:53 pm »

It is "Seasons". Make sure when you put your Season Art in the Folder "Seasons" that the file name of the art matches exactly the name of the Series. Then you add the " - Season #" to the end of the name. Like the series "Haven" would have Season art called "Haven - Season 1.jpg".

Also add "Series" and "Season" to your Theater View setup like shown below:

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 05:42:48 am »

Sorry, I must have been dyslectic, i forgot the "-" in there.  :-[

However, when I added the Season art to the individual disc files the art also showed up as Season art in Theatre View :-)  So, I don't need to add to the folder, but more easily just copy paste to the file (however, that means I must also have the image show up on the disc button, not only on the season button).
Pages: [1]   Go Up