INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import Problem  (Read 2206 times)

edtyre

• Recent member
Import Problem
« on: July 08, 2013, 08:45:00 pm »

Love Media Center so far! No problems at all importing over 30,000 tracks.

One folder fails to import.

edtyre

• Recent member
Re: Import Problem
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 11:39:26 pm »

I changed the name of the folder and now it works  :D

Onkle

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 09:41:43 am »

Hello edtyre,

As I reported it in another post, I sometimes have the same problem, also solved by changing folder's name. In my case, import problem is due to sign ";" in folder's name (most of the time, import does work, even with sign ";" in folder's name, but sometimes - quite rarely -, sign ";" won't allow JRiver to import files located in the folder correctly.
Like you did, I managed to fix the problem by changing folder's name but, personally, I would prefer not to do that.
May I ask you what did you change in folder's name to fix the issue ? Is your problem due, like me, to sign ";" ?
Thanks.

edtyre

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 01:07:26 pm »

Hello edtyre,

As I reported it in another post, I sometimes have the same problem, also solved by changing folder's name. In my case, import problem is due to sign ";" in folder's name (most of the time, import does work, even with sign ";" in folder's name, but sometimes - quite rarely -, sign ";" won't allow JRiver to import files located in the folder correctly.
Like you did, I managed to fix the problem by changing folder's name but, personally, I would prefer not to do that.
May I ask you what did you change in folder's name to fix the issue ? Is your problem due, like me, to sign ";" ?
Thanks.

Yes that's exactly what i removed, ";" 

I tryed removing all the characters that weren't letters or numbers, and it worked. Just tryed another folder with ";" to be sure and it won't import.

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 09:42:23 am »

I haven't been able to reproduce this.  Exactly what is the name of the folder that won't import?  What language is your computer set to?
Adam Thompson, JRiver

edtyre

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 02:19:16 pm »

I haven't been able to reproduce this.  Exactly what is the name of the folder that won't import?  What language is your computer set to?

Here's the name of the folder and my computer's language is English.

Various Artists - The Complete Stax-Volt Soul Singles, Vol. 2; 1968-1971 (9 CDs) (1993)

Onkle

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 02:49:57 pm »

Hi, thanks for replying,

as I said, this issue occures quite rarely, not always. My computer is also set to English (even if I'm french) :
Here is what I reported in another post, it is more detailed and you will find the name of one of my "problematic folders" :

"I still have the problems I described in a previous version with special characters not being recognized. Signs like "ä", "é", "ü", etc. appear as "a     ", "e     ", "u     " in albums names (but maybe also in songs names, etc. I didn't check)

Also, sometimes but very rarely, sign ";" when existing in the folder's name where files are located prevents JRiver from importing files normally. For instance, with this folder name : "Schubert - String Quartet No. 15 ; String Trios D 471 & D 581 / Prazak Quartet", I got this message when trying to import : "Please enter a valid folder to import" (see screenshot attached). I had to change ";" with "," and it worked just fine, then."

Thank you.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2013, 05:05:21 pm »

I can reproduce the problem.

The path

..../Desktop/Music Import Test/Various Artists - The Complete Stax-Volt Soul Singles, Vol. 2; 1968-1971 (9 CDs) (1993)/test.mp3

will fail to import the test.mp3 file.

Furthermore, the Import Summary dialog is being placed behind MC, so it feels like MC is hanging because it becomes unresponsive.  (See attached).
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up