INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions on MC  (Read 1360 times)

loafer

• Recent member
Questions on MC
« on: July 13, 2013, 04:00:37 am »

Hi there,

I have used Jukebox for a couple of years ok and like the idea of upgrading to Media Centre 18, all my media through one quality application sounds like a great idea.

The thing is I'm not computer stupid but the conversations on the forum all look so technical and complicted I'm not sure I'll be able to use it to its potential, a lot of the things discussed go right past me. Would someone be good enough to answer a few questions that I have to help me make my mind up, I've searched for answers without success:

1. I have an Asus Xonar DX PCI-e 7.1 audio card - will MC18 work with this ok?  I've never quite figured out how the settings in JB14 and my sound card work together, I mean do I set one flat and use the other or what? (I have uninstalled Windows Media Centre as I've never liked it).

2. I currently use VLC to play my videos - if I have MC18 will I still need it?

3. Will MC18 import all my music and settings from JB14 automaticaly? I back it up regularly.

Many thanks,

Loafer  :)

Bccc1

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Not Confident
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 05:01:13 am »

In theory:
1. Yes
2. No
3. I don't know

But of course there's never 100% certainty

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 07:44:23 am »

Hi there,

I have used Jukebox for a couple of years ok and like the idea of upgrading to Media Centre 18, all my media through one quality application sounds like a great idea.

The thing is I'm not computer stupid but the conversations on the forum all look so technical and complicted I'm not sure I'll be able to use it to its potential, a lot of the things discussed go right past me. Would someone be good enough to answer a few questions that I have to help me make my mind up, I've searched for answers without success:

Hey loafer, a couple things.

First, I'd recommend downloading the free trial version if you haven't done so already. It will work for 30 days, and if you do buy a license you can just activate it instead of having to set up the software all over again.

Once you have the software installed, be sure to post your questions on this message board. Be specific about your problem in the subject of the post;  you'll get quicker and more informative answers. There's a lot of helpful and patient people on the forum (both staff and fans like myself) that will be happy to assist, but vague post subjects often get overlooked.

I hope that helps.

loafer

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 07:59:12 am »

Thanks for the advice, will download the trial version and play with it,

Loafer  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up