INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to change which view opens by default  (Read 1670 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen
How to change which view opens by default
« on: July 13, 2013, 10:46:58 am »

I'm experiencing an odd behavior in standard view.  Whenever I navigate away from the Video pane and then back to it I'm brought to my Music Videos view regardless of which view was open before.  This doesn't happen with any of the other categories, for example if I leave the Audio category with the artist view open and the come back the artist view is still open, same with Images category.  But in video no matter what view I have open it always bounces back to music video.  This is really annoying because of all the views I've created under Video I use that one the least.  There must be a reason it doesn't behave like the other categories
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: How to change which view opens by default
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 05:46:22 pm »

This is a function of the top level view settings not allowing Tree Selection.  MC will select instead the last view selected if it cannot select the chosen view.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 07:36:27 pm »

I tried checking "Allow Tree Selection" under Video's customize view.  Now when I click on Video it doesn't show any of my views, but just lists all my video files in alphabetical order.  I would like it to default to either my movies, tv, or recent imports view, is there a way to choose which view is opened by default?
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

MrC

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 11:33:08 pm »

This seems like you selected Allow Tree Browsing, the other setting.

Tree Selection allows you to click on and select the item.  For a top-level container such as Video, you normally wouldn't select it, and clicking on it would instead expand its contents.

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 07:35:09 pm »

I have checked and triple checked, I currently have neither "allow tree selection" nor "support tree browsing" selected under the Video settings.  I have experimented with both and neither make any difference.  Tree selection allows me to select the top tier Video, "tree browsing" does nothing I'm aware of.  In either case it always defaults to my Music Video view.  As I said before this doesn't happen in either Audio or Images.

I tried deleting the Music Video view, all that happened was it chose a different view, this time Documentaries, and exhibits the same behavior.
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2013, 08:10:48 pm »

Right, but what about the other sub-views.

If the ones you want to use (the "previously used" views) don't have Allow Tree Selection enabled, then they'll never be automatically picked.  Ignore Tree Browsing, that isn't relevant.

If it isn't that, take some screenshots.  Or, post a link to a Library Backup, and I'll test it and figure it out.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

MrC

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 08:11:22 pm »

I'm not sure what else to suggest.  When any view scheme group has Allow Tree Selection set, when you click that scheme group, the selection should remain there (in your case, at Video).

Tree Browsing expands items in the tree to show the categories configured in the view.

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 08:24:11 pm »

I'm sorry I was misunderstanding how this worked.  I didn't have "allow tree selection" checked on the sub-views that I wanted.  I have it now, thanks for your patience
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

MrC

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 08:40:16 pm »

Another satisfied customer.  "Drive Through, Please Come Again."   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up