INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RME Multi Channel With JRiver Routing Channels  (Read 5965 times)

dallasjustice

• Junior Woodchuck
RME Multi Channel With JRiver Routing Channels
« on: July 13, 2013, 02:22:34 pm »

I am trying to set up my RME HDSPe AIO with JRiver.  I want to output 4 channels: left and right main and 2 subs.  The left and right main to AES and the 2 subs to analog outs.  In JRiver, if I set the channel offset to 4, sound is sent to AES 1+2.  If I set channel offset to 0, sound is sent to analog channels 1+2. How do I map multi-channel to correct outputs in JRiver?  Do I have to route all channels via the Hammerfall DSP mixer or can it more easily be done inside jriver?

dallasjustice

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: RME Multi Channel With JRiver Routing Channels
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 05:29:25 pm »

Is it required to list all of the channel outs in channel offset seperated with commas?  I tried to list 4, 0 and it didn't allow me to list more than one number under channel offset. Any help would be appreciated. Is the RME ASIO driver not fully supported in jriver?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 06:46:42 pm »

Leave the channel offset at 0. You only change it if you are using a different set of outputs on an audio device. For example, channels 0-7 on my Steinberg UR824 go through the its own mixer while channels 10-18 bypass the mixer. Channel 19+ are routed to digital outputs.

In JRiver you set the output to 5.1 in the Output Format DSP You can either use JRiver's bass management in the Room Correction DSP or you can route manually using the Parametric Equalizer DSP.

If you use JRiver's Bass Management, you will still need to copy the subwoofer channel to the center channel. This will give you bass output on channels 2 & 3 on the RME. Activate the Parametric EQ DSP, add Mix Channels, and copy the subwoofer to the center channel. See the attached picture. You will need to make sure to move the Parametric Equalizer DSP after the Room Correction DSP by grabbing and moving it with the mouse.

If you want to have stereo subs, you will need to do that entirely in Parametric Equalizer. You copy the Left and Right channels to the Center and Subwoofer respectively. Then you add high and low pass filters and possibly an adjust the volume filter. I've attached a picture to show you what to do.

Ask if you have more questions.

prerich

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 08:43:27 am »

Mojove, I have a similar issue with a Phonic Firefly 808u.  My LCR and Sub channels are working fine- its my surround channels that are failing to route properly.  At one point last night I got the RS and RB surrounds to fire up, then another time only the LS.  I need help!!!!  :'( 

On the plus side - I'm loving this interface with 2.1 music!!!!!

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 08:54:32 am »

Set Output format to 7.1 and turn JRSS mixing on. Now go to Tools > Advanced > Audio Calibration and perform a 7.1 channel volume calibration using any sample rate your hardware supports. Click "Play" instead of "Create Files" and JRiver will start playing a test tone in the front left speaker. Use the forward/back buttons to change speakers. Now do you get 7.1 playback?

prerich

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 09:00:38 am »

I'll try it when I get home for lunch :D !!!!  I was actually doing that last night but didn't step through each speaker.  When I pressed play - all of the speakers came on (with the exception of the ones I told you about).  You've had experience with this interface before, right?  (I say this because you seem to have vast knowledge and have used quite a few interfaces yourself).

mojave

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 09:19:03 am »

In Audio Calibration, Tones and Pink Noise plays through all speakers at once, but Volume Calibration is speaker by speaker.

No, I've never used the Phonic. If there is a software mixer in the drivers, sometimes channels are muted as a default. You might want to check there, too.

prerich

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 10:54:25 am »

Thanks, I'll check when I get home!!!! If I get this up, I'm done for a LOOONNNGGGG time!!!!!

prerich

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 10:22:15 pm »

Found the problem, Mojave!!!! Bought some new cables from Amazon (1/4 to RCA) and what do you know ...2 cables are bad!!!! I've fixed it now, but your advice steered me in the right place! thanks :T (thumbsup) :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up