INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the use of Zones only for audio?  (Read 1056 times)

DanielBMe

• World Citizen
Is the use of Zones only for audio?
« on: July 15, 2013, 10:23:54 am »

I was hoping to setup zones for video playback of dvd's vs blurays.  All content is ripped to my server.  I primarily use Red October HQ.  The problem is when watching standard dvd's.  When I do they stutter pretty badly.  Blu Ray's play absolutely fine though.  I figured I could create zones where dvd's use RO Standard and blu rays use ROHQ

I created 2 zones, one Video - IFO and the other Video - BR.  I tried setting a zone for dvd where file type is equal to IFO and set it to RO Standard.  However when I go to my Video - BR zone I created for blu ray, if I select ROHQ, then switch back to the zone Video - IFO, I notice that it now shows ROHQ.  It appears the video mode is not saved with zones.  Is this correct?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is the use of Zones only for audio?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 10:36:21 am »

I believe you're right. However, this might be the sort of thing that MC19 will address.
See mojave's answer below.

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 10:57:40 am »

You can have separate zones for video, but only some settings apply.
I think Video Mode is one of the options that is global in MC18, rather than being a per-zone option.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 10:29:48 pm »

From another thread:

Select video mode advanced-custom, then in the settings select " Start with the following rules"- put RO standard. Then select another zone and put ROHQ in the "Start with the following rules". It will then switch between RO standard and ROHQ when you change zones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up