INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests  (Read 102095 times)

eagleyelgae

Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #300 on: August 30, 2013, 06:48:12 am »

An option to use Windows Native Appearance, no skins.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #301 on: August 30, 2013, 07:01:43 am »

touccer

« Reply #302 on: August 30, 2013, 10:07:43 am »

Hi i've recently switched from foobar2000 to J River Media Center and even it is a very good media center i miss the option to load the cover art image from any image inside the audio file folder despite the name of the image or the option to specify the pattern used by the program to search the cover art inside the audio file folder, i've also got problem with some movie with subtitles.
Keep it up!  ;)

P.S: and i noticed that foobar2000 has a smaller soundstage but a better bass response, any suggestion?

audioriver

« Reply #303 on: September 02, 2013, 02:46:19 am »

"Minimize to tray in Mini View" option.
Windows 10 Pro x64

JustinM

• World Citizen
« Reply #304 on: September 05, 2013, 02:30:57 pm »

Be able to import,scape and play media contained in rar/zip files..

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #305 on: September 10, 2013, 04:02:32 pm »

Wake On LAN from client to server.  When main Library of MC is installed on a machine set to go to sleep when not in use, and a client goes to connect to that library while the computer is asleep, the client should be able to send a WOL request to wake up the machine MC server is running on.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #306 on: September 10, 2013, 04:22:38 pm »

Wake On LAN from client to server.  When main Library of MC is installed on a machine set to go to sleep when not in use, and a client goes to connect to that library while the computer is asleep, the client should be able to send a WOL request to wake up the machine MC server is running on.
That has been in MC for a couple of years.  See the wiki topic for details.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #307 on: September 10, 2013, 09:07:53 pm »

That has been in MC for a couple of years.  See the wiki topic for details.
Yep. I use it regularly. Sometimes it takes a few retries to get a connection, as the PC doesn't wake up immediately. Of course your home theatre PC BIOS needs to be set to allow WOL, and possibly the Ethernet card/port driver???

I couldn't find a Wiki topic on it though, just a brief mention in release notes...
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #308 on: September 10, 2013, 09:19:22 pm »

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #309 on: September 10, 2013, 10:32:15 pm »

That has been in MC for a couple of years.  See the wiki topic for details.

Cool.  My mistake was searching the Forum for WOL instead of the Wiki.  

Edit - read that topic and see one issue:  "just be sure to connect using an access key (instead of an address)."  I guess my request would be for WOL when using a direct address.  I don't use access keys because I need it to work even when the internet does not.  Really don't want to tell the wife - sorry cable is out so you can't watch TV, Netflix, or our own movies stored here locally.

Adhara

• World Citizen
« Reply #310 on: September 11, 2013, 02:54:55 am »

Hi,

I didn't see any dedicated topic for the MC features desired by end-users.
So I start with some ideas (most of them were asked on the previous version).

- Qobuz plugin.
- Scraper for FR,DE,ES languages for TV/movies informations and jackets.
- An Automatic Color Management System (CMS) used to calibrate the color of the display (need a third party software like chromapure + a colorimeter).
A partnership with Chromapure might make sense ...
- An advanced video setup menu. Look at what Lumagen offers (p12 of this link http://www.lumagen.com/docs/Radiance_2021_Manual_031413.pdf).
In resolution --> Out resolution / CMS / Madvr / ...

Regards.

- Qobuz plugin.
Rather than a plugin, I think people have the Qobuz application playing through Media Center with the new ASIO input driver.

- An Automatic Color Management System (CMS) used to calibrate the color of the display (need a third party software like chromapure + a colorimeter).
A partnership with Chromapure might make sense ...
There is work being done for automated calibration in madVR via ArgyllCMS. As Media Center uses madVR for video playback with the Red October HQ setting, you will be able to take advantage of this. There's a large topic with details on this over at AVS Forum: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1471169/madvr-argyllcms/0_100.
It can be quite technical though, so you may wish to wait until it has been made more user-friendly. I am hoping that there will be CalMAN integration, as that's the package I use for display calibration.

- An advanced video setup menu. Look at what Lumagen offers (p12 of this link http://www.lumagen.com/docs/Radiance_2021_Manual_031413.pdf).
In resolution --> Out resolution
madVR has an advanced display switcher built in. I strongly recommend that you let madVR scale images to your display's native resolution (which it will do by default) rather than anything else.

There are details about this in my guide, which can be found here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=80253.0

Regarding a Qobuz plugin, it will able us to centalize operations on a single UI (gizmo, JRemote).
Very usefull when using (only) an Ipad to deal with MC.

Scraper for native languages is highly wanted. Free source code is available, just need to implement it on MC.

For the video setup over Madvr (rather than MC), I’m not familiar with it.
I usually do as follows (over MC): All « In Resolution » --> 1080p60 except for ..p24 (--> 1080p24).
My Pioneer Kuro is 1080p 50/60/24Hz  capable

D-Kalck

• Recent member
« Reply #311 on: September 11, 2013, 02:57:21 am »

DLNA already supports audio and video transcoding.  We've done a lot of work on it to support a wide array of formats.

Look in Options > Media Network > Add or configure servers...
Please add a remux feature !

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #312 on: September 15, 2013, 07:53:17 am »

scgt1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #313 on: September 15, 2013, 02:17:14 pm »

It would be nice for a selection under the Video tab in options where you could select what you want jriver to display to just like you already can select where the sounds go. Ie if your running dual monitors in clone view with one being your actual computer monitor and the other being your tv elsewhere in your house. You should easily be able to select where jriver actually sends the image.

My case:

Pc that is used as a media server ----->to living room tv using my android with Gizmo to control theater view all while still being able to perform normal tasks on the pc without walking in the office and seeing theater view on the screen with what ever is on the living room tv.

In otherwords it would be nice to easily setup JRiver to display audio and video and run theater view all in the background on the computer that is running it in the first place. Therefore someone can watch content that is on the media server while someone else uses the media server for say the internet or something.

guido310

• Recent member
« Reply #314 on: September 16, 2013, 09:19:06 am »

Support to HDMI video and audio capture cards would be grat!

dean70

« Reply #315 on: September 17, 2013, 05:14:40 pm »

Ability to specify an external player for a specific Zone. Could be used to launch an external player, eg: TMT to play 3D content and use Zone Switching/tags to auto switch when a "3D" tag value is present.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #316 on: September 17, 2013, 05:22:22 pm »

Ability to specify an external player for a specific Zone. Could be used to launch an external player, eg: TMT to play 3D content and use Zone Switching/tags to auto switch when a "3D" tag value is present.
Change your file type tag for 3D Blu-rays to something like Tivo. Then go to Tools > Options > File Type and change Tivo's playback method to External Program (custom) and set it to launch TMT. Now all your 3D Blu-rays will launch in TMT.

natehansen66

• World Citizen
Re: Re: Feature Requests
« Reply #317 on: September 18, 2013, 10:35:58 am »

I'll put in another request for 1st order xover filters in the PEQ.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #318 on: September 18, 2013, 10:59:57 am »

I'll put in another request for 1st order xover filters in the PEQ.

This is happening next build according to Matt:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75913.0

Excitement!

natehansen66

• World Citizen
« Reply #319 on: September 18, 2013, 05:34:52 pm »

This is happening next build according to Matt:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75913.0

Excitement!

Killer! I need to pay better attention........

Hollingshead

• Recent member
« Reply #320 on: September 18, 2013, 07:12:29 pm »

Is it possible to add DVD Audio authoring to JRiver?

DangerJP

• World Citizen
« Reply #321 on: September 19, 2013, 06:30:03 am »

A more "advanced" data scraper for audio files, based on albums.

This could be similar to the one used for Movies/TV Shows, allowing to select a specific data set (or specific album title) amongst those found by the scraper.

Fields/tags to be retrieved could be defined by the user.

Retrieving album ratings from a database like Rate Your Music (my personal favorite) would be super easy with this feature.

Fingers crossed :)

swizlyCH

• Recent member
« Reply #322 on: September 29, 2013, 01:59:09 am »

The direct import of cd's, DVD's etc. over the client to the Media Server would be very helpfull.

rlj

• Recent member
« Reply #323 on: October 06, 2013, 12:55:01 am »

Ability to do true 4.0 (have subwoofer merged into front 2 channels) and use no center channel.

Thanks.

Wander_Homer

• Recent member
« Reply #324 on: October 07, 2013, 05:16:20 am »

It would be nice to have an option for text alignement in columns (left, center, right). Right now some columns (e.g. ReplayGain, Duration, ...) seem kind of messy with left aligned text. Maybe this could be implemented by a function for the expression language (e.g. leftAlign(string), ...) or through an addition to the context menu of columns.

How it looks now:

How it might look (taken from foobar2000):

Thanks!

666JackTheKnife666

• World Citizen
« Reply #325 on: October 08, 2013, 06:41:44 pm »

I would really like to be able to create a list of expressions that operate as a batch and can be assigned to a gui button.

this would make my tagging workflow a ton faster.

sirkus

• World Citizen
« Reply #326 on: October 09, 2013, 02:19:05 pm »

With the use of pro audio cards it will be cool to have front height speakers support (9.x or 7.x with fronts, like Dolby IIz) in JRSS.

gabeg

• World Citizen
« Reply #327 on: October 14, 2013, 07:09:26 am »

Maybe this exists and I've missed it but foobar has a plug-in component presents any UPnP MediaRenderer devices present on your home network as foobar2000 output devices.  It takes the output from foobar's player and streams it (bitperfect) to the renderer.  The advantage to this is you get gapless regardless of the renderer's capability.  Psaudio is working on something like this that will take the output of any player to stream to their Perfectwave dac which has gapless issues.

Just bumping this up.  Any chance of this happening?

Thanks!

swizlyCH

• Recent member
« Reply #328 on: October 15, 2013, 01:12:53 pm »

Thanks for all the improvements in the new version 19.0.54

the import of DVD's over the network is now running. great

guido310

• Recent member
« Reply #329 on: October 16, 2013, 05:05:03 am »

Support to HDMI video and audio capture cards would be grat!

Or just an analog or digital record input to make audio from REW or AUDIOLENSE on another PC flows trough jriver

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #330 on: October 16, 2013, 09:02:56 am »

Or just an analog or digital record input to make audio from REW or AUDIOLENSE on another PC flows trough jriver
You can already do this with the ASIO line in. See File > Open Live.

2a3set

Re: Feature Requests - DSD resampling
« Reply #331 on: December 31, 2013, 08:15:30 am »

Right now all PCM are upconverted to 5.6M DSD128.
Can future release keep same sample rate ratio when upconverting to DSD128? For example 44.1->5.6M DSD, 48K->6.1MDSD?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up