INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Temporary Install Key  (Read 1215 times)

Wull

• World Citizen
Temporary Install Key
« on: July 18, 2013, 02:26:08 pm »

My PC crashed again, so I needed to re install J River. Having done so I noticed I received this message in my Hotmail in box.

'You have recently restored a licence for Media Center 19 Windows. There are 10 restores available in each 12 month period. There are 9 restores remaining at this time.'

Can I ask why this is?

My PC is notorious for crashing, and as it presently stands would quickly eat up the other 9 restores. I thought once you paid for the licence that was it, but now this doesn't look like the case.  ?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: Temporary Install Key
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 02:46:38 pm »

Each restore key is active for a two-week period. Ten restores gives you 20 weeks out of the year that you can be installing JRiver. If that happens to not be enough, JRiver might reset your license if you ask nice.

If your PC crashes so you have to reinstall stuff, you should figure out why it is crashing first.  :(

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 11:59:45 pm »

Cheers.

I am..... I've recently replaced the Motherboard and RAM, now have a new HD on order..... I'm running out of things to change!!  :P

Wull

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 02:52:31 am »

OK, new hard drive installed...... For some reason I had to use another 'Key' which leaves me with 8. I had thought being within the 14 day period from using the previous Key that I would have still been on 9?
Pages: [1]   Go Up