INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange problem with 1920x1080 resolution other than at 24Hz  (Read 1963 times)

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi again,

I'm experiencing the strangest problem after switching my receiver from a Yamaha RX-A3010 to a Denon AVR-X4000. At all refresh rates other than 24Hz the video connection between my HTPC and my projector gets lost as soon as I bring Media Center into focus. When I Alt+Tab out of it, the screen comes back out of its darkness (with Media Center sitting in the background). I could only reproduce this problem with Media Center, though it also happens in Firefox every once in a while (I guess there's a pattern to that as well that I haven't found out yet).

I'm using the latest video driver (tried the version before that too though), the latest MC build and the latest firmware of my receiver. I also haven't changed anything else in my setup and this error has never occured before.

Anyway, is there a log I could check for error messages? Because I have absolutely no idea what the matter could be, and I'd really prefer using higher refresh rates because of the laggy mouse at 24Hz. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Regards, JK

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Strange problem with 1920x1080 resolution other than at 24Hz
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 03:35:19 am »

A little update: this only seems to affect my projector, my TV does not shut off when opening Media Center on 1920x1080 and 60Hz. Right now I'm trying to find another way to lose my connection besides with Media Center.

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 03:57:21 am »

I've just narrowed the problem down significantly. The connection is only being lost when selecting specific music sub categories (24-Bit and Surround) in "categories" view mode. In "panes", "3d" and "files list" mode everything works as expected! So I'm pretty sure that this is a Media Center issue, but I have no idea how I could help you find this bug. Let me know if you have any idea!

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2013, 04:00:40 am »

OK, I've been too quick with my assumptions, "3D" mode crashes as well as soon as I begin to scroll. "Panes" and "file list" is scrolling fine from beginning to end though!

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2013, 06:12:01 am »

This is very strange indeed.

From what you are describing, because it is not limited to Media Center, the only thing I can think of is that you are outputting PC levels (0-255) from your computer into a device that is expecting Video Levels (16-235) and reacts very badly to out of range signals.

If you shrink the size of the Media Center window to be very small, does it still happen?

-JK-

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2013, 12:51:50 pm »

I am sending RGB signals, but my projector's HDMI range is also set to extended. Plus why would it happen only in "categories" and "3D" mode with specific cover art? I'm gonna give Denon a call next week and ask them about their opinion. If anyone from JRiver has an idea what the issue could be let me know!
Pages: [1]   Go Up