INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Use MC also as collection library tool (vinyl - tapes.. etc  (Read 2106 times)

kdwykleingeld

• World Citizen

Hi, i would like to see functionality to manage/maintain my "vinyl" collection through the "Audio" part of MC..    just like collectorz does ...

I have all my real media loaded in MC but i also want to be able to manage my vinyl / tape etc collection with MC

The issue being that there is no media file to load so currently MC does not allow for create of an "album"

Managing the collection means managing / displaying album art, tags, views etc ..   ..

Maybe combined with lookup in media databases etc ...

thx koen

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Use MC also as collection library tool (vinyl - tapes.. etc
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 12:41:56 pm »

You can do this with either dummy files, or by populating MC with entries using the MPL import method.  I provided somebody with a spreadsheet (CSV) to MPL converter not too long ago to do the same thing.

If either of these two methods are acceptable, ask for more details.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

kdwykleingeld

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 09:44:29 am »

Hi, i have tried mpl files and this seems to work for what i want ... however the main challenge remains now how to get these files for vinyl albums i already have ?? i do not want to type in all track names etc .. is there a way to get / query for track lists in mpl format accompied with album art ??

thx koen

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 11:17:55 am »

You might be able to use this method, with either n dummy files, or some as-of-yet-not-added-new-feature, such as auto-creating the MPL (and dummy files if desired) given a URL only.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up