INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have just purchased 18, will it be a free upgrade to 19?  (Read 1644 times)

zkeller

• Recent member
I have just purchased 18, will it be a free upgrade to 19?
« on: July 20, 2013, 06:46:11 am »

Zane

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: I have just purchased 18, will it be a free upgrade to 19?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 07:10:07 am »

If you purchased on or after July 1, you received an MC19 license.  It will work with MC18 or MC19.

zkeller

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 07:08:08 am »

Hi JimH,

I looked at my purchase date: May 29.

I have limited resources and so waited quite a long time to upgrade from 15 to 18 and thought I would have a version that would last for quite some time. So the news of 19 so soon is somewhat disappointing.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 10:33:22 am »

While I can understand how you feel... The version of MC19 for sale now hasn't even been released to the public yet, and even when it is, it will be a "preview quality" release inappropriate for production use for some time.

This is, essentially, just an opportunity to get in on it early for a reduced price.  And, then, to run the "beta" and experience the associated pain but help them develop it and make it better.  If you aren't super-keen to have the latest and greatest even if it is half-way broken (which would seem to be the case if you were still on MC15 until recently)?

Sticking with MC18 for the next three to four months would probably be the best plan anyway.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up