INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 18/PS Audio DAC Problem  (Read 1450 times)

amsco15

• World Citizen
MC 18/PS Audio DAC Problem
« on: July 21, 2013, 02:41:36 pm »

I am a new MC18 for Windows user.  I stream audio to my PS Audio PWD.  I use JRemote as a controller and a laptop with an external USB hard drive for a music server.  In general MC18 works great; however, I do run into a problem on a regular basis.  Sometimes the next song from a playlist won't play.  The progress bar moves forward but there is no sound.  The resolution to this problem has required a different approach each time it has occurred.  One, select another song (or even the same one) and it will play.  This approach doesn't always work.  Two, reset the upnp server.  I can do this remotely from my iDevice.  This always works and maintains my previously selected playlist.  

This problem has cropped up under several different scenarios.  One, just playing through a playlist of 16/44.1 songs.  Playlist goes to the next song, then no audio.  Two, adding songs to a playlist of different resolutions (i.e. 24/192 to 16/44.1). Three, just adding another 16/44.1 album to the playlist.

Sorry but I haven't pinpointed a consistent trigger for the problem.  Above is the best info I can provide.  My network is very stable.  All the devices are hard wired using static IP addresses and Apple network (extreme and airport) devices.  It was also suggested that I upsample everything to 24/192 (highest resolution compatible with PS Audio DAC).  I doubt that is the problem since the problem does not occur only with sample rate changes.  Also, it defeats the ascetic of the PS Audio Native X mode which does not alter incoming sample rates.

Thanks for your help, Dale
Pages: [1]   Go Up