INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC18 and TMT6 - How exactly do I launch a movie?  (Read 1209 times)

cgroth

• World Citizen
MC18 and TMT6 - How exactly do I launch a movie?
« on: July 22, 2013, 08:39:11 am »

Hi, I want to use TMT6 as an external player for my ripped DVD and BluRay dics. They are ripped using AnyDVD. I want to use JRiver MC18 to select and start my discs.

My DVDs are stored in folder, where I double click a file called VIDEO_TS.IFO to lauch my existing external player (VLC). When I try this with TMT6 set as the default player ArcSoft starts, but the "virtual" discs doesn't. What file (or folder) should be given to TMT6 so it will start the disc in menu mode, just as a physical disc placed in a normal DVD Player does?

My BRs are stored in subfolders called BDMV. The main folder in the name of the movie. The main folder also has a subfolder called CERTIFICATE. I normally start play of the BR by double clicking a file called index.bdmv in the BDMV folder for the movie. However, doing this with TMT6 as default player again starts ArcSoft, but not the disc.

I am using a trial version of TMT6 so far. If I purchase the license key, will the files I mentioned start the movies on the ripped disc without any further human input being necessary? I am setting this up for my wife, so once she has pressed "Watch" in JRiver MC18, the discs needs to launch automatically, otherwise she will not be able to use it.

When I have tried using TMT "manually", i.e. after having started the program from the start menu, and after I have closed the license key request dialogue window, I have tried the Open rolll down menu. If I try the Open File alternative then neither the VIDEO_TS.IFO files nor the index.bdmv files show up in their folders, and they appear not to be Supported Media Files? However, this filetype is set to open with TMT6 in Windows Explorer. If, on the other hand, I try to Open Disc Folder, the movie will play.

So, I am hesitant to purchase a TMT6 license unless I am certain that there is some way I can launch a ripped discs, whether DVD or BR, in TMT6 using JRiver's MC18 as a front end. Therefore, can someone:

1. Confirm that such use is possible
2. Tell me how to launch the discs? Should I refer to a file, a folder or is there some other way?

BR
Christopher
Pages: [1]   Go Up