INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theatre View - "Fixed" position for easy remote use?  (Read 1375 times)

cgroth

• World Citizen
Theatre View - "Fixed" position for easy remote use?
« on: July 22, 2013, 12:28:24 pm »

Hi, I am setting up MC18 on my wife's PC as her only media program. I want to keep things as easy as possible for her, she doesn't like computers, preferring physical CD and DVD players.

However, I believe Theatre View in conjunction with her own personalized remote control, will be easy and intuitive enough for her to operate. So far great success with both Movies and with Music, since there are discrete commands on the MCE remote for this. However, TV Shows is more difficult, since, as far as I have been able to find out, there is no code that will bring you directly there. I can get to VIDEOS, but since the default there is Movies, and not TV Shows, there is a lot of button pressing (confusing for her) to get there . Basically a lot of Esc/Exit commands will bring up the main menu (which I have reduced to have "Audio - Video - Exit" only), she then has to select Video, then press Up twice, then Right, then Down twice before she can start going through the TV Shows. This is not intuitive! So, since she is using a programmable universal remote, I can basically learn any IR command (but not IR keyboard commands with combined multiple key presses, e.g. not CTRL+X at the same time), and I can make macros that do serial multiple key presses, e.g. 3 Ups, followed by a Right and a Down. So, my question is this:

1. Can TV Shows be made "default" or first occurence under Video, instead of Movies?
2. Is there a button that can be made to bring up TV Shows directly
3. Is there a button that can be made to bring up Videos directly
4. Can a "fixed" position on the Main Menu be arranged, i.e. a remote command, or set of commands, that will bring me to the same place on the main menu, no matter where I am when I start issuing the command(s)? At present, lots of Exits brings me to the place on the main menu where I started, i.e. if I listened to music I will end up on Audio, if I watched something I will end up on Video. Pressing further Esc/Exit have no effect. Also, since the menu is "circular" I can not do a number of lefts or rights to get to the end of the menu, I simply end up on the other side. Can anyone suggest a method which brings me to a fixed position? Without this I am as likely to shut down the PC as I am to get to the TV Shows....

BR
Chris

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Theatre View - "Fixed" position for easy remote use?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 03:23:16 pm »

1. Drag Shows above Movies in Theater View options.

For the others, you can play around with various MCC commands sequenced together to activate certain modes, and send keystrokes.  It isn't easy to get to a particular mode or sub-mode, however.  They sequence you use depends on your Theater View setup.

To make this more robust, MC really needs a way via MCC or MCWS to activate a certain location in a view tree.

The MCC commands to look at start at 22000 (uiMode 3 is Theater View), and also perhaps the MCC_KEYSTROKE (27000) command.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

cgroth

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 04:35:23 pm »

1. Drag Shows above Movies in Theater View options.

The MCC commands to look at start at 22000 (uiMode 3 is Theater View), and also perhaps the MCC_KEYSTROKE (27000) command.

Thanks, this actually helped a lot! My wife understood that the episode of Grey's Anatomy she wanted to watch, having pressed TV Series on the remote, would be under Video (rather than Audio or Exit) on the Main Menu, and voilla; TV Shows appear immediately  :D   And with discrete commands for Music and Movies she can now find everything very easily.

If I can just get ArcSoft to start, I will even be able to play BRs...... ?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 04:44:55 pm »

If I can just get ArcSoft to start, I will even be able to play BRs...... ?

jmone seems to be doing it by using

C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\uMCEPlayer6.exe"

See:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=81259.0

for the idea.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up