INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DJ Friendly  (Read 3599 times)

music85

• Recent member
DJ Friendly
« on: July 23, 2013, 03:28:37 pm »

Hey Guys,

I have been using J River for a good 8 years as my DJ software.  It's solid, never an issue.  I do realize your focus is not to turn JRiver into a standard DJ software.  However, A feature that would be helpful is a crossfader used for mixing; somehow allowing us to control the fading in, fading out of a song.  Is this possible?  If so, what are the chances you can fit it in MC 19??? :D

New Orleans, LA

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: DJ Friendly - J River Media Center
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 07:52:03 pm »

How would you imagine controlling it?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JustinM

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 09:05:28 pm »

... hold down a key, then swipe on touch pad ... ?   to fades from song playing in zone 1 to next song playing in zone 2 ?  perhaps? ... interesting ....

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 07:27:02 am »

You could already fade between zones if you had them both playing to the audio hardware in non-exclusive mode, although the control would not be easy since you'd have to switch back and forth between zones.  Exclusive output from a zone would make it impossible to mix two zones.

However, my reading of the OP was that he was looking to control the fade inside a single zone.  You can already configure the fading in Options > Audio, but not control it manually on a track-by-track basis.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

locust

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 07:54:49 am »

I've thought about this before, while a simple manual crossfade would be nice in MC, for it to be good and not a mediocre feature, it would need to be more than a simple cross fade possibly allowing hardware to control the crossfade, multiple decks within 1 zone would be essential.. For this I don't think the buck lies with J River, I just wish software like Native Instruments Traktor could support DLNA views, then I could have all the lovely view schemes of Gizmo, directly within an application that is much more suited for that purpose..

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 11:14:02 am »

This is not something I anticipate ever needing, but would it be possible to use a split view that is displaying two zones at once, and somehow enable "DJ Grouping" or whatever you want to call it, then use the volume control to adjust the crossfade?

So if you turn down the volume in zone 1 to 25%, the second linked zone increases to 75%.
Or maybe you introduce a separate control that does this.

The only issue I could foresee is if you want to use crossfading, and reduce volume inside Media Center rather than externally.
The "DJ Grouping" could be another type of zone group" in addition to linked zones, and the "Zone Grouping" I proposed a while back.

I wonder though, wouldn't some form of beat-matching be required to do a good job?
And you would probably want to have a simultaneous headphone output as well that can monitor either/both zones without affecting playback.

music85

• Recent member
Re: DJ Friendly
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 12:09:43 pm »

Currently I am using Zone 1 as my play zone and Zone 2 for headphones.  Within Zone 1, I'm using the "Playing Now" to load my songs in and let auto pilot fade in the the next song.  Instead of auto pilot to fade in the song, I want to control this part of it.  Is this possible?

music85

• Recent member
Re: DJ Friendly
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2015, 08:12:18 am »

Admins,

I am following back up with the volume cross fade (see above).  Is this something you can include with your next update?

Thanks,
Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up