INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: linking player to server confusing(?)  (Read 1299 times)

shAf

• Citizen of the Universe
linking player to server confusing(?)
« on: July 25, 2013, 06:40:33 am »

What does it mean when so many options show for linking the player (local,Mac) to the server (there, Win7)?   ?

What does it mean that the same options show for linking there to the player?  ?

Why both?  Why not one or the other?  ?

This has always been confusing, but I've been able to make it work.  Today I cannot get it to work, and each time I select an option it seems to add 2 more(?)

v18.0.211 (Mac), v18.0.209 (Win7)

TIA  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

shAf

Re: linking player to server confusing(?)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 12:28:10 pm »

I've apparently mystified everyone(?)  I agree there's apparently no logic behind my query, and I've come to the conclusion that so many options has to be some kind of bug.  That is, and for example,I did finally get the connection to work by choosing the last option for "Player to connect to There", and it worked while none of the above would.  And, also because when it sometimes quits working, I may quit/restart MC, and an option shows for "unlinking".  When I do that, only a single option shows which makes linking a lot easier.  Am I suppose to unlink every time I want to quit MC?

EDIT:  I can "Unlink from There", but the music keeps playing!  Am I misunderstanding these options?? (...Duh! ... apparently!!)

:)

shAf

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 10:40:10 am »

Can someone tell me what the intended use is for "Link to There"?  In my mind it would be for synchronizing what is playing locally with what the server is playing, or controlling what is played a both locations(?)  What should I be using when all I want is access to the server's library?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 11:12:35 am »

Just load the server's library.  It will appear in MC as if it were local.

shAf

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 05:39:37 am »

Just load the server's library.  It will appear in MC as if it were local.
Thanks Jim ... but it doesn't appear to work.  If the server's library is loaded, if I select something to play, it will play 'There" not locally.  I cannot get anything to play locally unless I link.

Both ends have the most recent MC18 installed.  Let me know if I can provide any additional info ...

:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up