INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: importing  (Read 1402 times)

Tomr1

• Junior Woodchuck
importing
« on: July 26, 2013, 12:32:40 am »

I cannot get MC18 to import a folder from my NAS. When I tell MC18 to import a single folder I can see
it uploading the individual files but then a window shows up saying that zero files were imported.What could be the reason. Files that have been downloaded from sites like HD Tracks auto import to Mc18.
without a problem. But cd's that have been put on a hardrive or usb drive and then transferred to the NAS will not import. This happens with all cd's that I rip to any external device.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: importing
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 12:54:24 am »

Have you tried Dragging and Dropping the files directly onto MC?

Create a SmartList, and hit the Import/Export button.  Enter exactly:

~d=br

Do you see any of the files now?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Tomr1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 01:48:40 am »

I do not understand

Arindelle

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 04:13:14 am »

For Mr. C's suggestion .... Create a new smartlist (under playlists, just in case^^), then

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 07:24:08 am »

If nothing gets imported, either the import settings don't include the filetypes you expect, or the files were previously imported.  Sometimes they get put in the wrong category.  Try searching.  You can edit the Media Type if this is the cause.

Tomr1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 08:28:54 am »

The message I am getting is:

Imported 0 new files
Skipped 14 files previously determined to be bad

Arindelle

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 05:31:25 am »

The message I am getting is:

Imported 0 new files
Skipped 14 files previously determined to be bad

Hey Tom, have you tried what MrC and Jim asked??
If so what were the results of Mr C's smartlist

Have you tried to import using Autoimport? If by chance you haven't configured this, make sure that the options "Update for external changes" and Fix Broken links (protect drives) is checked; Backup your library first and run autoimport -- might fix things can't hurt to try

AND this "error" message happens to me sometimes, especially with classical music - with various artists/multiple CDs(0 imported could mean they already are imported just need to find out where they are btw) the "14 files previously determined to be bad" are not necessarily "bad" they are maybe just too long -- there is a string length limitation of  254 characters -- the string includes the path.

An example of a file too long which failed the import yesterday .....

[/D:\Music\#1 - CLASSICAL\Z-Various Composers\200 Ans de Musique à Versailles\CD10\11_françois rebel & françois francoeur - zélidor, roi des sylphes - prélude pour les génies élémentaires_200 ans de musique à versailles_françois rebel & françois francoeur_2007.flac

If this is the case try shortening the path (changing the folder names for example) for these 14 files and try re-importing  to see if it works. Otherwise backup the file and shorten the actual filename and try the import.

Pages: [1]   Go Up