INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Corrupt Library?  (Read 1007 times)

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
Corrupt Library?
« on: July 28, 2013, 12:12:48 pm »

Of course this happened right as my wife and I sat down to watch TV so my troubleshooting was quick and not the best. I was working within the time limits of both of our patience.

I tried starting up MC and it would not open. It would show as open in the taskbar but nothing would happen when I tried clicking on it or ALT+Tab'ing to it. I tried restarting the computer - did not help. I then uninstalled MC and re-installed it. It opened just fine. I then restored the most current library backup. When MC restarted I was back to where I was. That was all I had the patience for and we just used Chrome to watch Netflix.

The next day I checked my video driver and it is up to date. I was about to re-install the driver from Intel's site when I remembered that I was able to uninstall and reinstall but that the problem happened after the library was restored. So I did it again (but installed .209) and restored a slightly older backup. I have not tried updating back to .211 yet. It is working fine as is.

Any clues what would have caused this? I do use my office computer to access the main library and do house keeping but had not done recently.
Pages: [1]   Go Up