INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Season Posters For Shows With Illegal Characters  (Read 1353 times)

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
Season Posters For Shows With Illegal Characters
« on: July 29, 2013, 06:14:02 pm »

Hi, I have just imported a new TV show that has two seasons and I have put the the season posters into the normal folder named accordingly as I always do. However, on this occasion I cannot get the the season posters to show in Theaterview and I think it may be due to the name.

The TV show is called "Space: 1999" but because ':' is an illegal character I have named the folder and the files just "Space 1999" (without the colon). However, when the show imports the show name has the colon present. So the show in the library is called "Space: 1999" but the season posters are called "Space 1999 - Season 1" & "Space 1999 - Season 2". Is this why it won't pick up the season posters.

If this is the problem, is there any way to manually tell it what season posters to use. I've checked all the library fields but I cannot find one with the path to the season poster artwork. The alternative would be to manually rename the shows episodes and remove the colon but before I do that I just wanted to know if there is a way to manually point it to the posters.

Hope this makes sense.

Russell

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Season Posters For Shows With Illegal Characters
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 06:32:34 pm »

I think you'll have to change the show name by removing the : character.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

RussellS

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 12:02:18 pm »

I think you'll have to change the show name by removing the : character.
Yeah, I thought as much. I have now done that and the season posters have now imported properly.

So where is the path to the season posters actually stored. It doesn't appear to be in a library field and I can't find it in any xml file.

Anyway, thanks for your help MrC.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 12:03:17 pm »

It is internally built into the Cover Art rules:

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up