INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP window disappears on checkbox click  (Read 2713 times)

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
DSP window disappears on checkbox click
« on: August 02, 2013, 06:57:17 am »

Some releases ago, it worked. But for some months now - the DSP window is removed from my screen when I click a checkbox - for instance one of the on/off boxes for parametric EQ filters. My DSP window is normally minimized. JRiver is covering the whole screen, except for the DSP settings window.

Does anyone experience the same? What can I do to get rid of this change (compared to how it worked previously)?

Best regards
Norway

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: DSP window disappears on checkbox click
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 10:00:42 am »

What view is MC in?

Try Standard View, not maximized.  Does it still happen then?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 01:33:44 pm »

Some releases ago, it worked. But for some months now - the DSP window is removed from my screen when I click a checkbox - for instance one of the on/off boxes for parametric EQ filters. My DSP window is normally minimized. JRiver is covering the whole screen, except for the DSP settings window.

Does anyone experience the same? What can I do to get rid of this change (compared to how it worked previously)?

Best regards
Norway

I've had the same experience intermittently for about six months.  I use media player in standard view, usually maximized, but not always. It tends to happen when I'm clicking a lot of boxes in DSP studio, always after a certain amount of fiddling, never right away. 

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 02:50:37 pm »

I use Standard view. It happens with maximized and not maximized main window. And the same for the DSP Studio window.

It looks to me (a programmer some decades ago), that this is a software bug. And I would really like a fix!

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 02:53:21 pm »

What view is MC in?

Try Standard View, not maximized.  Does it still happen then?

Yes, it does!

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 12:28:29 am »

Hi JRiver guys! Can you please correct this error? It drives me crazy... The same error exists in the version 19 which I downloaded yesterday!

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 12:01:11 am »

While waiting for a reply: Matt! Please fix this bug!!!

Mikkel

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 03:36:05 am »

While waiting for a reply: Matt! Please fix this bug!!!

Relax   :)

Anyway, I occationally experience the same. Can't say what triggers it. Sometimes it happens other times it doesn't.

Mikkel

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 08:23:27 am »

I can't reproduce this.  Any clues to how your system could be different? 
Adam Thompson, JRiver

Arindelle

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 09:25:56 am »

What skin are you using? An old skin might cause this, non?

JustinM

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 04:45:41 pm »

I reported this a long time ago.. It use to drive me nuts too :P I haven't noticed it for a while thou..
Are you on latest version ?

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 10:46:21 am »

Hi,

Running 19 now. Have experienced the error with several skins. Have been using "FusionX3 - Default" lately. I will switch to Noire from now.

When testing the error, notice the following: After the DSP window is opened, I can check and uncheck filters a number of times. Haven't counted, but a guess is 10 or 15. The window stays visible.

Then the error comes. I just found out the following: If I close the DSP window and open it again; it works again for some time (like above)...

Jamesey

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 11:21:00 am »

I get the same issue some of the time. Standard view, maximized. MC18 latest. Don't know the cause.

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 11:31:29 pm »

Can you please look into this again, JRiverguys?

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 02:42:18 am »

I think the problem is they can't replicate the issue. Neither can I. I tried, different skins including FusionX3 default and I've been checking/uncecking all the boxes multiple times. The window never dissapears or moves to the background.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 01:05:13 pm »

I think the problem is they can't replicate the issue. Neither can I. I tried, different skins including FusionX3 default and I've been checking/uncecking all the boxes multiple times. The window never dissapears or moves to the background.

For me it's kind of intermittent.  It seems to happen more often when I'm changing back and forth between different convolution filters.  It also seems to happen frequently when I run measurement software as well, but I've had it happen with nothing else running.

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 01:18:59 pm »

If you can not create this error, I think a programmer should check the code. Look for program resources that a click consumes. Which are hitting the roof on several clicks. Why? Because the bug goes away on dsp window close and open... Which should be some kind a window resource initialization - I would guess...

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 01:50:36 am »

The error exists when using the Noire skin.
And in version 19.0.32.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 08:45:22 am »

The error exists when using the Noire skin.
And in version 19.0.32.

I'm using 19.32 with the default "Noire"skin, and I managed to produce this error again last night.  I was running JRiver and a web browser and nothing else.  I changed the order of operation of the DSP modules, by moving the convolution module (as an experiment), and then turned the convolution module off.  The DSP studio window immediately "popped under" and vanished.  I then turned the convolution module back on and it popped under again.  After that every click made it vanish. 

I can't reproduce it now following the same steps, so clearly "something else" happened somewhere in there, but that was the first time I'd seen it in a few weeks. 

Arindelle

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 02:19:15 am »

If you can not create this error, I think a programmer should check the code. Look for program resources that a click consumes. Which are hitting the roof on several clicks. Why? Because the bug goes away on dsp window close and open... Which should be some kind a window resource initialization - I would guess...
Have you posted your system info? Have you posted a log file including when the problem occurred  so that someone qualified can actually look into this for you? (Help=>Logging, System info from main menu just in case)

I cannot reproduce this either on my system - so undoubtedly it is only linked to  your system and/or a specific configuration of JRiver that you and a few others may or may not have done.

I would take a wild guess it has something to do with reordering DSPs, and/or external filters -- but what do I know?!  :D Maybe a screen shot of your DSP window with any tweaks that the "common joe" wouldn't be using (like convolution and parametric eq.) might help someone get to the bottom of this for you

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2013, 01:56:33 am »

Hi!

If JRiver wants to fix the bug and need my log and sysinfo to do it, I will provide it...
Pages: [1]   Go Up