INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Idea? Colorize row spans in file list  (Read 2487 times)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Feature Idea? Colorize row spans in file list
« on: August 02, 2013, 04:49:40 pm »

I'd like to be able to colorize an entire row in the standard view file list.  The idea is to remove the bolding (which I don't care for, since it mucks with alignment and column sizing), and instead would like to be able to apply HTML font attributes to an entire row of text.  This would allow:

- colorizing a row based on IsPlaying() and IsPInPlayingNow()
  - colorize alternating rows, or based on say, Disc #
  - apply italics or bolding or lighter colors for certain file types (such as images in an audio view)

Maybe it would be possible to have a function that would open and close html font attributes that could be set in a column expression.  This would allow turning on/off attributes anywhere for a row.

Thoughts?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Feature Idea? Colorize row spans in file list
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 04:25:44 am »

I too have always hated the misalignment that is caused by the bold font. A few years ago I actually tried to find a font that would have identical character widths in the regular and bold variants, but couldn't find any that would look nice and be legible in this use.

"colorizing a row based on IsPlaying() and IsPInPlayingNow()" could be a nicer way to indicate the playing status and also give more information.

There is also the issue of multiple zones. Currently only the Playing Now view that is "on top" shows the playing status in library views. Perhaps each zone could have a dedicated "is playing" color and a library view could then show where the file is playing.

EDIT
Just noticed that I used the word "hate". It is a bit strong word to express my feelings. This has been a minor annoyance, and despite its continuing presence I have been able to control my anger.  :)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 07:59:07 am »

I like the idea. I never liked the misalignment with the bold font either.

Perhaps each zone could have a dedicated "is playing" color and a library view could then show where the file is playing.

Nice idea too.

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 12:46:43 pm »

+1 I hate the bold font. (I had thought italic might also work, without affecting spacing as much)

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 03:26:12 pm »

Maybe we can use small or bigger font on list view, the linkable icons to be directly to the title like it is used on html page, and to be able to choose our linkable field to say, maybe this idea could work, or not.
Right now we have some option how we can handle the fonts on list view, aka underline, bold, color but this is what we have right now.
Give us more option to use.
Thoughts?

JustinM

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 12:34:08 pm »

+1 ,,  (dislike the bold)

I'm surprised they didn't choose to hilight the same way as a pane filter...

a color would be great...

I also  wish they would add a marker in the scroll bar,, to quickly find  the "playing now" in longer list..

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 04:41:24 pm »

I also  wish they would add a marker in the scroll bar,, to quickly find  the "playing now" in longer list..

No help with the scrollobar, but try adding this expression column to your file list:

Code: [Select]
IfElse(
    IsPlaying(),    <font color="ff0000">♪<//font>,
    IsInPlayingNow(), ♪
)

Name it ♪.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up