INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Restore Watched Mark for Movies [Solved, thanks MrHaugen]  (Read 3411 times)

Samson

• Galactic Citizen

Hi All,
I recently moved my movies to another drive. I did this in explorer external to MC (perhaps a mistake). I lost all the "watched" percentages and the "check" or tick mark on the thumbs in theatre view. Is there a way to restore these?

I tried adding a column in standard view with Bookmark, Use bookmark, and an expression column with Watched() function but cant seem to do it.

Thanks
David

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to Restore Watched Mark for Movies
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 04:47:53 am »

Does this thread help?

I found it too complex to bother.

MC should simply allow me to assign a remote button to toggle it, AFAIC.

I think you can forget about the percentages, but the matched watched mark should be possible I think.

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 05:12:05 am »

You should add a Custom field or simply a Custom Column in Standard View. In the Expression for the column you add =[Number Plays]. This means that the column will be exactly the same as the Number Plays field. The only exception is that this custom field is editable! So, you can add 1 to the Number Plays, and the original Number Plays field will reflect those changes. This counter will add watched check mark to your movies.

I really, really hope that this restriction is removed some day though. It's a heck of a lot people wondering about this. There should be an Mark as Watched/Not Watched option in both standard view and theater view imo.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 07:15:20 am »

Does this thread help?

I found it too complex to bother.

MC should simply allow me to assign a remote button to toggle it, AFAIC.

I think you can forget about the percentages, but the matched watched mark should be possible I think.

Hi Inflatable, yes I came across this  before posting this thread.I was hoping for something more straight forward.:(

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 07:18:51 am »

Hi Inflatable, yes I came across this  before posting this thread.I was hoping for something more straight forward.:(

Join the club  ::).

Samson

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 07:30:14 am »

You should add a Custom field or simply a Custom Column in Standard View. In the Expression for the column you add =[Number Plays]. This means that the column will be exactly the same as the Number Plays field. The only exception is that this custom field is editable! So, you can add 1 to the Number Plays, and the original Number Plays field will reflect those changes. This counter will add watched check mark to your movies.

I really, really hope that this restriction is removed some day though. It's a heck of a lot people wondering about this. There should be an Mark as Watched/Not Watched option in both standard view and theater view imo.

Thank You MrHaugen, that works. Fully agree it is non intuitive to go about it this way.I noted in another thread it had been debated previously and having a toggle option under "watched" possibly thought to be too complicated for new users. Matt will dislike me even more than he does now but IMO restricting simple options like this is not the way to make an interface more user friendly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up