INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing and the Mac Beachball  (Read 1404 times)

Picodogg

• Recent member
Importing and the Mac Beachball
« on: August 10, 2013, 01:59:59 pm »

I have a problem I can't get past, if anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated.

I have JRiver for Mac, latest build, I've had all the builds since April. My setup is like this: I have 35,000 Apple lossless files on an external hard  drive. I use itunes on my Macbook (2009) to play them using airplay over wifi to my Denon AVR3312 receiver.  I have been wanting to use JRiver. The first time I tried importing files from my hard drive I got some files (but not nearly all), after that they disappeared and the only thing my library shows is one album of FLAC files that are on my actual computer not my external hard drive.

Every time I do anything that has to do with importing (and some other functions) my MC displays the Mac spinning beachball and is from that point unresponsive.

Anybody got anythings to try?

jtwrace

• Galactic Citizen
  • "Science is not a democracy"-Earl Geddes, Ph.D.
Re: Importing and the Mac Beachball
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 08:08:35 pm »

Go to Help > Logging > Reset Log

Try it again and when it gives you an error then press "Report Problem" and send that log to JRiver. 
W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

My podcast:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

danfl75

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 09:03:35 pm »

How many files does it say it found after import? Is it more than you see? Maybe the wifi is somehow limiting your import speed and it's timing out? How long does it take? You could try a wired connection. I wasn't clear from your report on when the beachball was involved and whether the change in what files were visible was due to repeated playings, reboots, or a new import.

It is odd that FLAC files seem to work but ALC doesn't. Do all FLAC files show up and no ALC files do? Have you looked in the tree under File and drill down to the location of your music? I'm having an import problem where I can only find my itunes .wav files that way, but .aiff files from HDTracks also show up as expected in Albums and Artists. Does my problem sound similar but with different files types?? Thanks.

Picodogg

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 10:51:50 am »

The only files I show are the 6 FLAC files, but they are on my actual computer not my hard drive. Once a long time ago I got some of the files on the hard drive to import, but somehow they are gone and any importing causes the program to get stuck. The hard drive is a wifi drive not set up to hard wire. Any thoughts? Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up