INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mobile wireless audio conundrums  (Read 1434 times)

goatherder

• Galactic Citizen
Mobile wireless audio conundrums
« on: August 12, 2013, 05:26:39 am »

So what I want to do is, on the face of it, not that complicated - at least in terms of putting down the words on paper.

I want a wireless bluetooth receiver with transport / volume controls, a 3.5mm jack and some sort of support for better-than-SBC codec, and one that can pair for music with multiple handsets/laptops/tablets in addition to being able to take calls on at least one of the handsets.

Many jacked headsets like the Nokia's BH-series, the Samsung HS3000, Sony's equivalents, etc do advertise multiple pairing to a degree - at least two devices. And some of them also satisfy the requirement for a better-than-SBC codec, though of course sadly it's not always implemented on the device side.

Problem is, I've never got multi-pairing to work. Most recently, not on an iPhone 5 / Lumia 920 / Xperia Z / iPad (current gen) / Surface RT / Thinkpad Tablet 2 or Surface Pro mix (on more than one of *any* of the devices).

Has anyone else managed to get multiple pairing headsets to work? Is there a more reliable but still portable solution, such as - and I very much doubt such a device exists - a multi-radio Bluetooth audio mixer?

Pages: [1]   Go Up