INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Install key not working  (Read 2577 times)

leits10

Install key not working
« on: January 03, 2015, 05:10:14 pm »

When I turned on JRiver today it said my trial was up??? I have been using JRiver for a long time and upgraded from 17 to 19 about a year ago. I requested a new key and installed it successfully.

But, every time I close JRiver it asks for it to be reinstalled. I have done it 8 times today and now have none left. I did not realize it would charge me for installing it on the same computer as another install. It is still not working and I am now out of chances. I tried it on the website and directly in the media player neither is holding the authorization but both say completed successfully. Each time it displays the web page and now has sent me 8 emails confirming it was successful.

Please help

Thanks,
Dave

leits10

Re: Install key not working
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 05:12:24 pm »

P.S. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled several times but that didn't seem to help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 01:32:24 am »

Make sure the version of the license matches the version you are running when you restore.   The Install Key works for two weeks. 

A link to licensing is in my signature.

hlesser

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 10:37:06 am »

I'm having a similar problem.  I have JRiver MC 19 and after a change in domains & security my previously registered version showed as an Expired Trial version.  Neither reactivation using my license nor extending the trial seems to activate JRiver (though the reactivation count drops).

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 12:47:21 pm »

Make sure the version of the license matches the version you are running when you restore.   The Install Key works for two weeks. 

A link to licensing is in my signature.

hlesser

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2015, 03:57:48 pm »

My issue was an account that had lost its Admin privileges briefly.  It's solved.

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 01:40:07 am »

Hi, I have problem with registration too. Recently I bought new 8" win 8.1 tablet and cannot register there. Firstly I copied there portable installation (since it has only 16GB internal disk, and there's only 3GB free space) on microsd and I coudn't register it. Today I made default install but still cannot register it.
1. I click install licence
2. I enter the registration code
3. I receive email from JRiver with mjr file
4. I open mjr file with Media Center 19
5. Window appears that licence is successfully installed
but still in help menu nothing have changed and it looks like in trial mode. After restart there is still no change. Since monday I've got 6 emails with mjr files already.
Please help!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 05:34:12 am »

You may need to install MC19.  Here's how it works:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

mrfx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 07:51:18 am »

You may need to install MC19.  Here's how it works:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Restoring_a_License

Hey Jim, I found what my problem was! When I copied portable version I made shortcut for it in windows start menu and then I had always run that shortcut instead of default install version. Mine stupid mistake  :-[ Now everything is fine!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up