INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I see whether I've ripped an album with MC?  (Read 2427 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Can I see whether I've ripped an album with MC?
« on: August 14, 2013, 04:15:18 am »

I've (re)ripped a couple of hundred CD's in the past weeks/months. Been doing this whenever I felt like it and in between I've been doing a lot of organising/moving/renaming as well as reanalyzed everything a few times.

All that in between work messed up the date created/modified/imported and I've lost track of which albums I've ripped, so whenever I run into a double album I don't know which one I've ripped myself because all the dates of both albums are the same. Sometimes this is obvious because there are notes or description field that I didn't enter but most of the times its not so obvious.

I've been going over the tags to see if MC somehow 'records' whether it ripped it (like EAC does in the description field) but I'm afraid I can't find something like that.

Is there a way to check this that I'm missing, short of manually checking each CD against what I have in the library?

Thanks.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Can I see whether I've ripped an album with MC?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 04:18:45 am »

Secure rip logs?

Also, the CD database:

~d=c

in a Smartlist will tell you the CDs that MC has read and added to the CD database.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 04:52:04 am »

Thanks! I don't save the logs, but the smartlist works, except for the first batch of classical CD's I did back in april they all seem to be in there. 202 in total :P.

I guess I'm still left to manually check the CD's in the database against the albums on disk but its faster that way than to unpack the boxes and piling up CD's on my desk again.

MrC

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 04:56:48 am »

Great.

You can create an Audio view that includes the CD database.  Then you can group your CD and Ripped entries together, probably by Album Artist (auto) and Album.  Include the [File Type] or [Volume] fields and you'll see which ones correlate.

A smart expression or two can map the two together for you to call out which ones you've possibly ripped and which ones you were not ripped by MC.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 07:01:24 am »

Thanks. I thought about that but decided to do it manually so I could give it a final check. Found a few that weren't done properly and a few not done at all. 'Bout 20 more to go and then its 50 classicals to sift through.

Also found another box upstairs with about a 100 CD's ... I thought I was done ...  :-\

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 01:50:21 pm »

Just for future reference, in Tools > Options > CD, DVD & BD > File Management you can turn on "Auto-create log file in secure rip mode". This will create a small log file in each CD folder. Searching for *.log in your music folder will allow you to see all CD's ripped securely by JRiver.

MrC

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 02:31:24 pm »

Yes, indeed.  And you can create an view that will show and demarcate which albums MC has ripped using the JRSecureRip.log.

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 04:09:49 pm »

Yes I'm aware of that option, its just that I never saw a use for creating those log files when it shows you the log when you close the rip window when its done. But more importantly, those extra files tend to remain behind when you rename/move files and prevent the old folders from being deleted.
Pages: [1]   Go Up