INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC19 outputs any audio as DSD  (Read 2248 times)

wawaron

• Recent member
MC19 outputs any audio as DSD
« on: August 14, 2013, 07:30:04 pm »

Hi, I'm planning on buying the TEAC UD501 DAC which is on the Andreas Koch list of Manufacturers whose DACs are DSD capable.

On the July 19, 2013 yabb.jriver.com "NEW: Real-time DSD output" OVERVIEW It says, I quote " MC19 adds the ability to output any audio as DSD(or 2xDSD) to a DSD-capable DAC" Does this mean that all my ripped CDs in FLAC can be output in the DSD format???  Must they be converted first from PCM to DSD? To convert PCM to DSD I follow the procedure from JRiver Media Center can convert DSD files to and from PCM. This is taken from a page last modified July 1, 2013, at 13:42. Or will the conversion be done on the fly, as the audio the  audio files go from the computer to the DAC???

Need answers because they will greatly influence my buying the TEAC UD501.

Thank you

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: MC19 outputs any audio as DSD
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 10:08:04 pm »

The conversion to DSD will be done on the fly real-time. You can read more in this thread:

New:  Real-time DSD output

wawaron

• Recent member
Re: MC19 outputs any audio as DSD
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 10:25:26 pm »

Thanks mojave, I've read that thread a few times. I wanted to be sure that I was interpreting it correctly. It helps with my decision about my future DAC, it will have DSD capability. The TEAC UD501 choice looks better all the time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up