INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wonky tags info updates  (Read 1150 times)

farreln

• Recent member
Wonky tags info updates
« on: August 15, 2013, 11:46:32 am »

Hello, I am a new MC user attempting to describe a possible bug.

I was updating tag info in MC after a generally successful initial import of 1000 or so tracks. Some tracks did not associate due to lame tag info - my fault. MC would not allow a "new" entry for artist, album, genre (one that was not in the pull downs already) for a group of selected files (say an entire album). I could update the tag info one or two fields on a track and then had to select another track to update the rest. Once this was done, I could select a group of files and use the pull downs to select tag info for all files I had chosen.

Just seems a bit "kludgey" and maybe not how you intend it to work.

Thanks for having this forum,
Norman

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Wonky tags info updates
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 12:00:52 pm »

Howdy and welcome Norman.

You'll soon discover the tagging and entry capabilities to be pretty extraordinary.

To accomplish what you had to do the hard way, with one or more tracks selected, do any of the following:

1. Open the Action Window > Tag and click-to-edit a value there for a given field, such as Genre.

2. Press F2 (or right-click Rename - F2) and edit a value directly in the file list (or panes).  If you are not in the column you want, use Tab or Shift-Tab to move right or left, until you're editting the desired cell.  Enter the new value, and hit Enter.

3. A faster way to edit a given cell's value for a group of files: Select the first file, and then Shift-Select the last file in the range but be sure to click within the cell you want to edit.  This sets that cell as the target.  Use F2 or right-click or Rename to edit.

There are other ways, such as drag-n-drop, tagging mode, but we'll leave that for now.

An immediate Undo will always help you out, so you can try some things...
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up