INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video gurus help before I smash my TV  (Read 1557 times)

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
Video gurus help before I smash my TV
« on: August 19, 2013, 03:59:15 am »

Anyone have an opinion on why my unit is terrible for PC use?

I live overseas and I think I have a Series 6 (no wifi/nic, but it is 3d). I have horrible inaccuracy with any mouse or trackpad. I have (2) different Logitech Darkfield mouse and Logitech trackpad. I use a PC every day, and I'm 36. It's driving me nuts - and so hard to describe. I have tested with tools (tweaked registry and lag fixes), changed mouse DPI settings, turned off TrueMotion etc and the mouse just slides around like on "ice". It's as if the gfx card and monitor are not communicating properly; you can't put the mouse where you intend and always have to overcorrect.

It's subtle visually, but I can't get anything done. It feels very, very off. I have a 42" LG connected via HDMI and don't notice this. Is it because it is an LED tv? Refresh rate at 1920x1080 is reported max at 60hz but 59hz is also an option.

I've tried (2) video cards (AMD and NVIDIA), and have a DVI>HDMI cable, and many HDMI cables. The DVI/HDMI input on the Samsung should help according to some, but not for me.

I've never experienced this before, even on some of the older HDTVs I've had.

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video gurus help before I smash my TV
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 10:23:11 am »

Sounds like your TV has a high "input lag". Check and see if there's a PC or Game mode that you can enable to try and reduce this. Otherwise, the only solution is replacing the display.
Pages: [1]   Go Up