INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cannot get rid of this error msg upon start up even with fresh uninstall  (Read 2276 times)

mywhey

• Recent member

this error screen below has been plaguing me.

http://s15.postimg.org/74ow9wlvf/jriverissue.jpg

its regarding jrtools
 i dont have it. i dont know how i dont but i cannot use internet search and as you can see it tries to download something everytime.

what baffles me is i uninstall and have a complete one selected, get a new version and i always have this error msg come up.

what is going on? shouldnt i just have the jrtools automatically?

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck

It is trying to load the START page (Start.Html) from JRiver.Com in the browser.   Internet connection up?

I see nothing on your screen capture for JRTools.

mywhey

• Recent member

yes i am connected to desktop via lan. connection is working. it is not internet related. the jrtools msg occurs at the time i try to remove program. it tells me i am missing it.

i dont know how this error follows me around even after i uninstall and start from scratch .

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Run MC18 and uninstall after that, if you wish.

Something is blocking MC from accessing the Internet.  A firewall or other "security" software.

mywhey

• Recent member

i added media center 18 to bit defenders exception about two months ago and it carried over onto version 19.

http://s8.postimg.org/bo8980tr9/firewall_enabled_mc_19.jpg

mc19 can access internet via theater view and selecting youtube. i am able to watch news videos streaming without problem. this lets me know internet is working. its just the google tab that wont let me search and the fact im missing jrtools has something to do with it i believe

JimH

• Administrator

i added media center 18 to bit defenders exception about two months ago and it carried over onto version 19.
You can't count on it.  Here is a similar problem with Bit Defender.  It's probably the problem.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=82804.msg565749#msg565749

mywhey

• Recent member

so if there is an issue with bit defenders av shield then what can be said about my other issue which is me missing the jrtools upon uninstalling mc18 i was notified of that it stated i was missing that specific thing. what is that? how do i get it? is it maybe related to my current issue? and lastly how did i come about to be missing that? i was under impression it came via install from trusted download source automatically. but have seen this error about jrtools missing upon multiple install/uninstall attempts.

JimH

• Administrator

jrtools is part of JRiver Media Center.  Bitdefender may have quarantined it.  Disable Bitdefender and reinstall MC.

mywhey

• Recent member

okay- BD was disabled for 15 minutes i uninstalled mc 19 with it disabled, restarted and reinstalled mc 19 the error message about downloading as referenced above came up first thing as mc opened up again. BD was disabled all during this time.

mywhey

• Recent member

the above solution lended to me did not yield a positive result as i followed directions but error msg still came up with av turned off per recomendation.

how do i proceed now

JimH

• Administrator
Re: cannot get rid of this error msg upon start up even with fresh uninstall
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 06:08:28 pm »

Uninstall BitDefender.  Reboot.  Reinstall MC19 and MC18 if you have both installed.  Latest versions from our site.  Download from the boards.

thrang

• Recent member
Re: cannot get rid of this error msg upon start up even with fresh uninstall
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2013, 03:38:20 pm »

I am having the same issue with the trial of Media Center 19, but I do not have BitDefender. MC19 will initially install and run fine, but after a reboot, accessing the program icon appears to run an installer again, and then you get the jrtool.dll error. Uninstalling does not work, as it leaves the JRiver folder in the Programs (x64) and it cannot be deleted unless you run RegEdit, and delete all references to JRiver. Then I can reboot, trash the JRiver folder, reinstall, and it works - until the next reboot, and the same nonsense all over again...

I never had MC 18 on this computer. Windows 7 Professional, latest updates.
Pages: [1]   Go Up