INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dragonfly Volume Control Issue [Solved]  (Read 4127 times)

sjeb

• Recent member
Dragonfly Volume Control Issue [Solved]
« on: August 25, 2013, 12:47:40 pm »

I just got a new Macbook Air and AQ Dragonfly and installed J River.  While the J River volume slider will control my MAC system volume when Dragonfly is not plugged in, once I plug Dragonfly in, the circle on the J River volume control disappears and even changing Mac system volume directly does not do anything.  I.e. volume is fixed as long as I have J River set to "System Volume", which I understand is the correct setting.

What am I doing wrong?  J River is supposed to let me control Mac volume, thus Dragonfly analog control, right?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Dragonfly Volume Control Issue
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 05:10:45 pm »

Welcome.

You could use 'Internal volume' mode (JRiver's 64-bit volume).  It should always work.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sjeb

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 07:30:28 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried that and it worked, but I had understood it works the other way as well.   I prefer to use the analog control plus not being able to change volume with keyboard buttons is somewhat inconvenient.  Is this a Mac specific issue?

sjeb

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 12:13:22 pm »

Sorry for the bump, but just wanted to make sure nothing further on this, as the computer audiophile review of dragonfly indicated J River for Windows worked the way I expected, but maybe not for Mac.  I'm just trying to decide which software direction to go in (though I already bought license to Mac version and will continue to use it in a different setup).

Thanks again!

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 12:36:58 pm »

Sorry for the bump, but just wanted to make sure nothing further on this, as the computer audiophile review of dragonfly indicated J River for Windows worked the way I expected, but maybe not for Mac.  I'm just trying to decide which software direction to go in (though I already bought license to Mac version and will continue to use it in a different setup).

Thanks again!

We're working on this issue right now.  It should be in an upcoming build.  Thanks for the report.

EDIT:  This has been fixed and will definitely be in the next build.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

sjeb

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 09:45:30 am »

We're working on this issue right now.  It should be in an upcoming build.  Thanks for the report.

EDIT:  This has been fixed and will definitely be in the next build.

Nice--thanks for the update!  Will try it out tonight.

sjeb

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 09:24:06 pm »

I downloaded and ran 180215 and still can'y use system volume with Dragonfly.  In fact, now dot allowing system volume control gone even without Dragonfly.  Is this the right version?

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 12:10:22 pm »

I downloaded and ran 180215 and still can'y use system volume with Dragonfly.  In fact, now dot allowing system volume control gone even without Dragonfly.  Is this the right version?
Sorry, the change didn't make it into that build.  Please try 180216 when it's available (probably later today).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

sjeb

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 10:28:50 pm »

Thanks--working great now!

JohnT

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 07:38:09 am »

Thanks--working great now!
Thanks to adamt!